Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

AMEX CLI

I have a Blue, Optima Platinum and a Green Charge.  I opened the Blue and Platinum in '07 and the Green last year.  The CL's on the Blue and Platinum were reduced on '09 right after I purchased a home and around the time of market meltdown and credit tightening . 

It has been over 4 years and I haven't requested an increase.  Should I pull the trigger on one of the cards to see if I will now get a CLI?

Inquiring mind wants to know...

Great Credit is Sexy Smiley Wink EQ 793 / TU 791 / EX 773, 6/2017
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX CLI

If its been that long, yes. Assuming of course your cr profile warrants an increase. Your CS's in your siggy are a little old. Lol.
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

OMG yes.... whichever one you would like to use... ask for 3x current CL.

Message 3 of 8
Express
Frequent Contributor

Yes you should! Keep us posted Smiley Indifferent

CL $408,200
Message 4 of 8
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

I pulled the trigger a few minute ago and received the increase! Smiley Happy Although a modest one...from $1,000 to $3,000

I didn't request for both cards just the Optima Platinum since the rate is lower.  I'll wait a few months before requesting a CLI on the Blue.

Thank guys!

Great Credit is Sexy Smiley Wink EQ 793 / TU 791 / EX 773, 6/2017
Message 5 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@inquring_minds wrote:

I pulled the trigger a few minute ago and received the increase! Smiley Happy Although a modest one...from $1,000 to $3,000

I didn't request for both cards just the Optima Platinum since the rate is lower.  I'll wait a few months before requesting a CLI on the Blue.

Thank guys!

Oh yeah~!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@inquring_minds wrote:

I have a Blue, Optima Platinum and a Green Charge.  I opened the Blue and Platinum in '07 and the Green last year.  The CL's on the Blue and Platinum were reduced on '09 right after I purchased a home and around the time of market meltdown and credit tightening . 

It has been over 4 years and I haven't requested an increase.  Should I pull the trigger on one of the cards to see if I will now get a CLI?

Inquiring mind wants to know...

If your relationship with AMEX has been good, I'd say four years is a good long time. Good luck!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Do it!:-) good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.