Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX CLI

Finally, after 2 years of CLI denies with my AMEX on my BCE they bumped me from 14.6K to 25K.

14.6K was my original SL. I know for a fact...they will CLD within the year because I never use more than 10% of the CL.

But...it's always nice to be granted something you ask for lol.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX CLI

This gives me hope ROFL they denied my small 1k SL 3 times now I believe but this is my first time with them as well as building my CC history period so I know that has part to play but any CLI is a great CLI especially when it takes a while so CONGRATS to you!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I was on the fence of even asking...but I was bored and submitted anyways. I heard after 25K they start asking for tax info...so stayed away from the 3x request.

Hopefully they give you a break soon!

Message 3 of 15
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Hopefully my next 'attempt' is up for auction in a week or less I believe I'll have to check my calender but LOL yea that's crazy and I'm not sure the amount but I believe you are right it's around 25/30k Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally, after 2 years of CLI denies with my AMEX on my BCE they bumped me from 14.6K to 25K.

14.6K was my original SL. I know for a fact...they will CLD within the year because I never use more than 10% of the CL.

Congrats on your CLI.

Actually, you don't "know for a fact" that Amex will reduce your credit limit.  And even if they did, it can be restored with by calling them.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your awesome CLI!

SspW.gif

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! I was on the fence of even asking...but I was bored and submitted anyways. I heard after 25K they start asking for tax info...so stayed away from the 3x request.

Income verification via IRS Form 4605-T usually occurs at $35,000 and not every credit limit request is subjected to income verification.

Message 7 of 15
alain4957
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Income verification via IRS Form 4605-T usually occurs at $35,000 and not every credit limit request is subjected to income verification.

I read if it does ask just back out and ask for lower CL?

Amex Plat (NPSL) | Amex Business Gold (NPSL) | Apple Card 10k | Discover IT 12.5k | Sapphire Reserve 35k | BofA PR Elite 45k | NFCU Flagship 44k | USB Altitude Reserve 20k |

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex BCE CLI!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your CLI.

Actually, you don't "know for a fact" that Amex will reduce your credit limit.  And even if they did, it can be restored with by calling them.

Tongue in cheek expression Smiley Wink  - I actually do not like talking to CSRs lol unless absolutely necessary (ie: fradulent activities). 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.