Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Card Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Card Approvals

Between and long drawn out divorce and custody battle over the past 5 years, I am finally starting to rebuild my credit. Yes, I've had to go the Credit One and First Premier route (and about to start closing them - no balances) to rebuild. I don't recall my exact TU/EQ scores from the past few years, mainly because I knew they were so bad and not changing anytime soon. Credit Wise 12/2017: 466, Credit Wise 09/2018: 650, TU and EQ in 2017 were both low 500's (current scores in signature). I worked to pay off 3 accounts in collections and become consistent in ontime payments over the past 1.5 years as well as paying off all my cards with a debt consolidation loan (OneFinancial at 29% - just paid it off early) and with the help of my wife (married this year, yay!)  with her good credit history and habits and adding me as an AU for Chase Sapphire (I travel a good amount for work). I could go on more about how hard I have been working/saving to rebuild, but the main point is that I was approved for 2 Amex cards this week!!! No words right now...so happy!!! Not high CL's, but I will build them up! BCE $1,000 and Hilton Honors $1,000.

8 REPLIES 8
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Card Approvals

That's a lot of hard work paying off right there, we've all had moments out of our control.  Congrats on picking up 2 great cards!!!

Message 2 of 9
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you and keep up the great work towards better scores and better financial freedom!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job, Su11y (can I call you Su11y?) Congrats! on getting in the door with Amex. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yessir...and thanks!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@su11ivan

Super Congrats on your 2 Amex card approvals!!! Smiley Very Happy

All of your hard work has finally paid off. BTW, Congratulations

on your new marriage!!! We wish you much happiness!!!Smiley Very Happy

FYI, you can ask Amex for a 3x CLI after 61 days.

You'll have to choose which card you want that

increase to be applied to, but going from 1k to 3k

will be a nice boost to your overall available credit.

Just wait 2 statement cycles + 1 day before asking.

Congrats again on your success. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for all you kind comments, much appreciated. Also, thank you for the information regarding CLI - I (obviously) had idea and the overall boost is what I’m looking to do. I still use my cards, but am still <2% utilization. I have 2 year before we are looking to buy a house and I want to be near my wife’s 740 FICO.

Thank you again AllThingsInTime
Message 8 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.