Established Contributor

AMEX Cash Magnet | APPROVED

$7900 SL

My DP's
• 12/16 F8 scores: TU 740 | EX 733 | EQ 666
• $16.5k revolving balances
• 28.9% reported overall util
• AAOA 3 yrs 5 months
• $11k Car loan 74.55% paid off ($2800 left)
• 0 Inq's in over 2 years (across 3B)

Even though this was a SP pre approval, I have to turn in the diamond badge in my signature because this is a new TL. Sad face, I liked having the diamond status.

I’d like to app for a Chase product, Citi product, Disco It CB app, then back to the garden to age my profiles. Anything that avoids a EQ HP.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Cash Magnet | APPROVED

Congrats

Not sure if you are under 5/24 whether chase will work for you?  Also chase is known yo usually double tap Eq/Exp depending on your geo location along with Citi usually double taps Eq/Exp as well and if you use discover pre-qual tool chances are it will be an Experian Pull

Message 2 of 15
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Amex!!  Reading this is making it hard to not app the Aspire for myself today. 

Message 3 of 15
_NERD
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity: I’m 0/24 right now. Chase would work for me.  Do I need to fire off a fraud alert removal request via snail mail before I app @ Chase?  The fraud alert doesn’t list my contact info and in the past that would result in instant denials without anyone contacting me at all.  I have the ability to update the fraud alert with my contact info but that will trigger fraud alerts to be placed on the other 2 CRAs. 

Would it be ok to app with 1/24 if I app for a Disco card right now?

@Cred4All:  what’s holding you back from smashing the app button? 

Message 4 of 15
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@_NERD wrote:

@Cred4All:  what’s holding you back from smashing the app button? 

Hah, valid question.  Snagged the CSR & Platinum in Aug 2018, Discover IT 10/18.  Call it the Chase Paranoia which is the only thing holding my finger back..  Although, it does take Amex 2 months to report. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Not sure about fraud alerts if easiest way to get them removed is mail someone or if you can call or do it online?  Not to familiar with them other then you wont get an instant approval with one on your CR.. If you want Chase to consider you I would put them before Discover in your what appears to be mini application spree upcoming.  They most likely as stated will double pull Eq/Exp or if luck Exp only depending where you live and a chance of a double pull of Exp/Tu even are the most common with them.  FA won't stop you from getting approved, just wont give you an instant approval and will have to call in and speak to an UW with whether it is Chase and Discover.  I doubt you will be able to avoid honestly not getting an EQ pull with Chase although your score is in the 660's that won't really stop you from getting approved for Chase as they need new customers and with 5/24 in place their applications have gone down to some extent.  I see people on the forums with 660's all the time getting approved for Chaes products.  Although anything with credit is a highly YMMV type thing

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!!!!!

Message 7 of 15
_NERD
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval!!!!!!

Wow I arrived twice. Thanks everyone!

Message 8 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. Amazing SL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 15
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on this approval too! 

You on fire!!!! Whats next?Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.