Nice work landing an AWESOME card! BCP is next on my to do list! Smiley Happy 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 12 of 29
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX - Cold App and I AM IN

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone! Bad thing is now I'm itching for another. Any suggestions before I go into the garden for a while?

Make sure you can hit the sub of any cards you apply for as they are once in a lifetime offers. Also check to see if it's worth it. Platinum charge is 60k MR Right now, buy you can get 100k if you're patient. At this point, if your profile and income is strong enough, you can apply for all of the charge cards. You can maybe swing another revolver, but they typically require you to wait about 9 days. You can get 2 revolvers in a 90 day period.

For other lenders, it's really gonna depend on what your long-term goal is. Travel, balance transfer, low apr, etc.

EDIT: if you wait a couple of months with amex, your next card will probably be approved with a SP

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on both of your approvals!!

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval. 

Message 15 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to you lovely ficoform folk, I wiggled my way into the Amex family. Cold app for BCP led me to a pretty 6k. Not an instant approval, had to call and verify some info but all is well. Happy Apple over here!

EDIT: went to set up my bank info for Amex and saw I had a preselected offer for the USAA rate advantage (18m 0% purchases and bt) and went for it. Instant approval of 8500. 

Congratulations on your USAA approval!

Message 16 of 29
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

What was your data points ? Who did they pull for your application ?

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 740 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2024 **

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both pulled EX (not too sure which version) my fico8 is 740. 2 prior inq on ex report. No baddies and daily thin file. AAoA was around 1y7m. Youngest revolver is Apple Card at 5m and 4.5k. These make cards number 6 and 7

Message 18 of 29
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing ? I will likely be apping for the NFCU version at the 6 month point . 

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 740 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2024 **

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 
As far as "itching for another"... are you in with Navy Fed? They're great.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.