cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Credit limit increase Successs!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Credit limit increase Successs!!!

Congratulations to you! Charge wisely.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my first amex back in the beginning of Nov. Was approved instantly for 10k. I want to ask for the increase but nervous to at the same time! My fico score with amex is 722. NOTHING bad on my report. 100% positive payment history with all my credit cards. If i do decide to go for it, how does that work? Just sign into my amex and go to CLI? Do i ask for a specific amount or do they just give you an amount if you are approved? Im assuming its a hard pull right? Sorry for all the questions..i always get nervous to either apply for a new card or ask for a CLI lol. I came on these forums before applying for the amex and they told me to go for it and im glad i did! Thanks for any info and congrats on the increase!! :-)

Message 23 of 28
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I opened my first amex back in the beginning of Nov. Was approved instantly for 10k. I want to ask for the increase but nervous to at the same time! My fico score with amex is 722. NOTHING bad on my report. 100% positive payment history with all my credit cards. If i do decide to go for it, how does that work? Just sign into my amex and go to CLI? Do i ask for a specific amount or do they just give you an amount if you are approved? Im assuming its a hard pull right? Sorry for all the questions..i always get nervous to either apply for a new card or ask for a CLI lol. I came on these forums before applying for the amex and they told me to go for it and im glad i did! Thanks for any info and congrats on the increase!! :-)

You can get a maximum CLI of 20k to 30k total. 

You may or may not be approved, I would ask for the full 30k CL and if asked for income verification, and you don’t want to give, use the back button on your browser, and do it over at 29k to 28k....etc., until your approval. 

Check out the CLI GUIDE!

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 25 of 28
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your awesome increase!!!😀
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  I love my AMEX!  Enjoy your expanded financial freedom responsibility and continue to grow that AMEX...Mark your calendar for 181 days!

@Isacking97 wrote:

Today I requested a credit line increase afther reducing my balance with amex, ask a 5,700 increase (4.3 k to 10K) and was approved instanly

Total credit limit with AMEX: 16K

AMEX FICO EX: 746

amex credit limit increase.png

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

You can get a maximum CLI of 20k to 30k total. 

You may or may not be approved, I would ask for the full 30k CL and if asked for income verification, and you don’t want to give, use the back button on your browser, and do it over at 29k to 28k....etc., until your approval. 

Check out the CLI GUIDE!

+1

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.