Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX DELTA GOLD APPROVED!!!

tag
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

AMEX DELTA GOLD APPROVED!!!

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share some very exciting news with all of you. Today, i checked my fico scores and they are 630 EX, 625 EQ, and 624 TU. I then figured it would be fun to see if I could get a CLI in my Cap One QS card. I did get an increase of $100 making my total spending limit now $600. I know, small increase but better than nothing, i guess. So then i decided to check the AMEX prequalifier site and almost fell out of  my office chair when I say the words "PRE-APPROVED" for the Delta Gold AMEX card!! I was so excited I applied immediately. I received the 14 day message and started to get nervous. 3 hours later after reading posts here and constantly checking the application status site, i saw the words "APROVED". Again, I was so excited I nearly hit the floor. LOL... I then called to AMEX and requested my limit. It's $1.000 and so far my highest bank card limit yet. I thank ALL of you for your posts. My credit journey is finally taking off and I owe it all to this Board. I'm am so grateful. I promise to do right by this card. Love you guys!

Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX DELTA GOLD APPROVED!!!

Congrats on the approval and CLI!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 2 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Absolutely fantastic job. Its great to see how happy a moment like that makes you. Enjoy, treat it it right and many opportunities will open up with AmexSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Recently joined the Amex family myself and have nothing but praise for them so far.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! That is Fantastic indeed!! 😎😁

I was going to get the Delta card because it had a awesome sign up bonus after I apped for my other 3 cards but my application was disregarded because I had applied for 2 revolvers and a charge the month before and they said there was a limit to apping for that many cards in a short time frame.

After that I just put it on the backburner. I have to go abroad to Asia in the fall of next year and Delta has good rates checking now so perhaps I'll app for it again then.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome to the AMEX family!! Get started on the Welcome offer and buy a Delta Gift Card for the lowest limit if you’re not going to purchase a ticket or Delta product in the first 3 months. That will trigger the statement credit for the $50.00. Once again, congrats!
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your guys advice! And thank you millionairelynch. I would have never ever considered that but that’s a great idea!
Message 7 of 22
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  A couple of years ago, I received the Delta Gold approval and felt the same way.  I had never had an AmEx in my life.  I didn't come here to share it, but I should have.  I had nobody else to tell.

Treat that card well, and AmEx will treat you well.  I now have four AmEx cards (one through US Bank) with credit lines from $5000 to $17k.  Keep reading here, stay disciplined, keep your balances down, and your relationship with them will grow too!

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 8 of 22
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

Thank you so much! I will definitely do good by this card. The AMEX Delta Gold card was on my wish list of cards. I’m so happy with my journey right now.
Message 9 of 22
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

Good advice Millionairelynch. I actually have two trips coming up that i plan to use the card for. One was already booked before I received the card approval. The other trip is for work. I’ll book that flight with this card and have my company reimburse me! 😬
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.