Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX DELTA GOLD APPROVED!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX DELTA GOLD APPROVED!!!

wrote:

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share some very exciting news with all of you. Today, i checked my fico scores and they are 630 EX, 625 EQ, and 624 TU. I then figured it would be fun to see if I could get a CLI in my Cap One QS card. I did get an increase of $100 making my total spending limit now $600. I know, small increase but better than nothing, i guess. So then i decided to check the AMEX prequalifier site and almost fell out of  my office chair when I say the words "PRE-APPROVED" for the Delta Gold AMEX card!! I was so excited I applied immediately. I received the 14 day message and started to get nervous. 3 hours later after reading posts here and constantly checking the application status site, i saw the words "APROVED". Again, I was so excited I nearly hit the floor. LOL... I then called to AMEX and requested my limit. It's $1.000 and so far my highest bank card limit yet. I thank ALL of you for your posts. My credit journey is finally taking off and I owe it all to this Board. I'm am so grateful. I promise to do right by this card. Love you guys!

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Excellent card if you fly Delta often - The free checked bag saves you a lot and the priority boarding along with no FTF is a big plus! The SUP is generous as well. 

Set your date to 61 days from the day of your approval - You can request upto a 3X CLI. I did and got a 3X increase! (I've paid my first two statements in full before requesting). 

Message 11 of 22
drboxing
Established Contributor

I know the feeling, Amex Delta Gold was my first Amex card, congrats and enjoy

Message 12 of 22
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and enjoy those miles! 😁 Either the Delta Gold or Delta Blue are my next "big" goal cards in my rebuild since I fly Delta a lot.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m rebuilding too and I don’t know wth I was thinking when I decided to apply with a 586 credit score but low and behold I was approved for $1k! Seems that rebuilding is getting easy!
Message 14 of 22
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

Jwest111, was that score your FICO score or Advantage score? My advantage scores are always like 50 points LOWER than my FICO.
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 15 of 22
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
I’m rebuilding too and I don’t know wth I was thinking when I decided to apply with a 586 credit score but low and behold I was approved for $1k! Seems that rebuilding is getting easy!

Wow. Wow. This a very interesting data point.

I actually applied in December because they kept sending me mailers and emails. Credit Karma said my score was 570-ish (and I didn't know my FICO8 score at the time) and I just figured "what the heck, why not?". Turns out I have a 543 on Experian, haha and they did a hard pull - for some reason I was under the impresson they'd only soft pull me if they were going to deny me.

I'm curious - what derogatories do you have on your report? How many charge-offs, collections, and lates? Are they recent? What is the length of your credit history?

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit history is pretty lengthy due to student loans. I have 3 charge offs of which two are paid. Working on paying the third by the end of the month and sending goodwill letters. 2 collections one from 2013 been begging them to take it off as it was paid immediately and another from a school that’s currently in dispute. All of my charge offs were store cards Smiley Sad from 2015/16)
Message 17 of 22
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Very interesting! And your 586 credit score - is that a FICO8 Experian score or is that from Credit Karma or something? It seems like your credit profile is pretty similar to mine - long history due to student loans and some relatively recent charge-offs and some collections.

This is great information - thanks for the data points!

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Fico score provided by NFCU not sure which one that may be but that’s my score consistently even with CK and creditwise
Message 19 of 22
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm... it looks like that's probably Equifax rather than Experian - not sure if it's FICO8 either. Nevertheless, this has me making adjustments to my spreadsheet of goal cards and my credit profile personal criteria for applying for the Gold again or the Blue.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.