Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Approval - But Not a SkyMiles Member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Delta Gold Approval - But Not a SkyMiles Member

So, I just got approved for a Amex Delta Gold card, but I am not a SkyMiles member. Somewhere in the application it said I would be automatically enrolled in SkyMiles if I was approved, but the SkyMiles section in my Amex dashboard is empty. Maybe a little premature, I just got approved today. My question is if anyone has been in this same situation and if I should expect a SkyMiles number in the mail with the card. Thanks in advance!
6 REPLIES 6
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Approval - But Not a SkyMiles Member

Congrats on the approval!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
My question is if anyone has been in this same situation and if I should expect a SkyMiles number in the mail with the card. Thanks in advance!

I can't imagine that the enrollment in partner programs is instant. There could be a certain timeframe to enrollment (ex. 1-2 days) or it could be a batch process where Amex sends applicant info to Delta and the Skymiles membership is created overnight all at once. Either way it should be soon.

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 3 of 7
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS on the Approval!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 7
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I had the same situation, it took a couple of days.

Try to resist the urge to create your own account. I did that with Hilton Honors, and it ended up being a looong csr call to merge the two accounts (once Amex created the one associated with my card).

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the kudos everyone! It feels so good...

proxy.duckduckgo.com.gif

Got a few rejections before this one so now it's time to sit back and garden for a while.

Thanks Billharrell, that's exactly what I was wondering. I almost set up a SkyMiles account, but I will resist the urge!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. When I received my Sky Miles, I was already a Sky Miles member. Not sure how, but it was auto added to my AMEX when created. I never merged the info nor entered the info when I applied.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.