cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Approval + New AMEX info?

tag
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

AMEX Delta Gold Approval + New AMEX info?

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Gold Delta Card and am happy to say I am approved!

I applied through a delta portal because I had a 50K bonus mile offer there after 1000 spend in 3 months. 

I was approved, but had to call to get SL and APR.

The CSR told me that I had a "temporary" 1K SL but that when I get my card, I can immediately call for an increase. He said this was for security purposes. I have never seen anything about that on the forums and this is my first AMEX.

How legitimate is this? He said the previous policy was to wait two billing cycles and now you can request immediately. 

Also, last question: Can I app for a charge card on the same HP or will they pull again?

Thank you guys in adavance!

Update: Apped for PRG and was approved! This is a great day haha

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Approval + New AMEX info?

wrote:

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Gold Delta Card and am happy to say I am approved!

I applied through a delta portal because I had a 50K bonus mile offer there after 1000 spend in 3 months. 

I was approved, but had to call to get SL and APR.

The CSR told me that I had a "temporary" 1K SL but that when I get my card, I can immediately call for an increase. He said this was for security purposes. I have never seen anything about that on the forums and this is my first AMEX.

How legitimate is this? He said the previous policy was to wait two billing cycles and now you can request immediately. 

Also, last question: Can I app for a charge card on the same HP or will they pull again?

Thank you guys in adavance!

Update: Apped for PRG and was approved! This is a great day haha

Congrats on the approvals.  That $1K isn’t temporary but your actual credit limit. You certainly can try to ask for an increase right away but given that you were given a low limit to start with, the chances of it being increased immediately aren’t great.  Has nothing to do with ‘security’.  Amex front line CSRs often give that spiel and many are misinformed.  I’d use the card often and try for a 3X CLI in 2 months.  Even then it may not be granted but worth the try.  I’d denied you can try again in 91 days.  Eventually the limit will grow but may take some time.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 14
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the response.

I figured there was something off about the immediate request, but wanted to check around here first.

I agree, with a lower SL it will probably take some time but at this stage I will definitely take it.

Message 3 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your two approvals!

Message 4 of 14
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Yes just wait 61+ days. Just be patient a little bit. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

Congrats on the approvals. I was approved last week with the same SL.
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Enjoy your two new cards Smiley Happy

Please AMEX responsibly LolSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
LCC_mk14
Regular Contributor

Thank you guys so much! It feels great to be in with Amex.

I see so much "lore" so to speak about how to use Amex. I suppose my concern is that I'll pushing spend through these to reach both SUBs, and I don't want to spook them.

While I know nobody knows for certain, I don't know if I should PIF before or after statements close for best results.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get an answer to this, I would like to know also
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.