Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Approval !

tag
newnew2015
New Contributor

AMEX Delta Gold Approval !

Hello !

I am rebuilding my credit after suffering major medical illness ! Amex has always been one of my goal cards and today I got approved. I can't believe it ! I've had their credit monitoring system for about a month now and also I've  have their high yield savings account for a few months now. I don't have a huge significant amount in there but a nice chunk and I only deposit and never remove. I did a preapproval today and was approved for this card and a few other Delta cards but I went with this one as it waves the annual fee the first year and it's only 99 bucks a year after that which is reasonable. I have a SL of 1000 which is lower than my most used card but I'm going to baby it and hopefully it will grow. 

thank you for all your advice over the years fico forums ! You've led me a good path to credit rebuilding I still have a long way to go ! 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Approval !

Congrats for your approval.

Message 2 of 17
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 17
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 17
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

That's great!  Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 7 of 17
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the approval!

Message 8 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats! Would you mind posting some DPs for us? Like scores at time of approval, credit card balances, any baddies, etc.?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 17
newnew2015
New Contributor

I'm not sure what DPs are ! I need to refer to the acronyms post. Haha. But my scores are 640-655 across the 3 agencies. I have baddies a few collections from old medical bills. My card balance is like $1200 right now only because I made a holiday purchase Friday Smiley Very Happy. Everything is usually at zero but one card which reports under 15% since I've gotten it. My available credit is around 30k (I'm an AU on a card that's super low utilization with 25k limit) and I have paid off loans !

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.