Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Approved TU 599 EQ 610 EX 654

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Delta Gold Approved TU 599 EQ 610 EX 654

Quick run down. Previous settlement with AMEX back in 2016 for $740 owed on $1000

Current scores Experian 654, TU 599 EQ 610 - 

Utilization 16%

One collection $2600 outstanding that I plan to pay off starting in August with 2 lump payments 

Pre-Auth came back for Delta Gold, Gold Business and Green card, I went for it and got approved with instant $1000 limit on the Gold. The offer is 50,000 air miles after spending $1000 so I'm going to attempt to just pay my rent split $500 and $500 and activate that.  Instant notice from Experian credit app of the inquiry and instant 5 point increase on Experian credit report to 659 for being approved. I did not get notice yet from TU or EQ on the pull through my CreditKarma app as many say Experian seems to be the only report AMEX pulls lately.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Approved TU 599 EQ 610 EX 654

Congrats! I hear it's a great travel card if you're a Delta SkyMiles member.

Message 2 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on The AMEX Delta Gold!!

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I have a Southwest Chase but the issue lately is Southwest is great for long haul flights across the US but at times another airline credit card in the mix wouldn't be a bad idea for the smaller jumper flights that use less miles-points etc.. 

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick run down. Previous settlement with AMEX back in 2016 for $740 owed on $1000

Utilization 16%

One collection $2600 outstanding that I plan to pay off starting in August with 2 lump payments 

Pre-Auth came back for Delta Gold, Gold Business and Green card, I went for it and got approved with instant $1000 limit on the Gold. The offer is 50,000 air miles after spending $1000 so I'm going to attempt to just pay my rent split $500 and $500 and activate that.  Instant notice from Experian credit app of the inquiry and instant 5 point increase on Experian credit report to 659 for being approved. I did not get notice yet from TU or EQ on the pull through my CreditKarma app as many say Experian seems to be the only report AMEX pulls lately.

Congrats!

But this is the first I've ever heard of this... I didn't think that you get instant credit score points for being approved for a credit card, since the card usually isn't reported to the bureaus for some time after approval. Are you sure about this? I was approved for three different credit cards last week, and saw no "instant increase for being approved." Perhaps what actually happened in your case is the inquiry forced your score to be updated on the Experian app, and you saw a normal 5 point increase that was due.

Message 5 of 19
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on a shiny new Amex!!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and welcome to the Amex family!!
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Delta Gold approval! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! I have a Southwest Chase but the issue lately is Southwest is great for long haul flights across the US but at times another airline credit card in the mix wouldn't be a bad idea for the smaller jumper flights that use less miles-points etc.. 

You might want to swap that around. My trip from San Diego to Phoenix cost 44k skymiles and that was main one way, comfort+ the other. It also took almost 4 hours because San Diego is not a hub so I had to hop to L.A. In hindsight, I should have flown Southwest. Ticket would have been between 25-75% cheaper depending on when I booked and it would have been a 1hr 15min direct flight.

Message 9 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Utilization 16%

Congrats!

But this is the first I've ever heard of this... I didn't think that you get instant credit score points for being approved for a credit card, since the card usually isn't reported to the bureaus for some time after approval. Are you sure about this? I was approved for three different credit cards last week, and saw no "instant increase for being approved." Perhaps what actually happened in your case is the inquiry forced your score to be updated on the Experian app, and you saw a normal 5 point increase that was due.

Or an about 10 point increase minus the ding for the HP.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.