Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta Gold Approved TU 599 EQ 610 EX 654

tag
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Approved TU 599 EQ 610 EX 654

Congratulations on your Golden approval!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 11 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

Amex doesnt pull Experian lately.They usually pull Experian everytime unless you give them a reason to double pull.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick run down. Previous settlement with AMEX back in 2016 for $740 owed on $1000

Current scores Experian 654, TU 599 EQ 610 - 

Utilization 16%

One collection $2600 outstanding that I plan to pay off starting in August with 2 lump payments 

Pre-Auth came back for Delta Gold, Gold Business and Green card, I went for it and got approved with instant $1000 limit on the Gold. The offer is 50,000 air miles after spending $1000 so I'm going to attempt to just pay my rent split $500 and $500 and activate that.  Instant notice from Experian credit app of the inquiry and instant 5 point increase on Experian credit report to 659 for being approved. I did not get notice yet from TU or EQ on the pull through my CreditKarma app as many say Experian seems to be the only report AMEX pulls lately.

Congrats!

But this is the first I've ever heard of this... I didn't think that you get instant credit score points for being approved for a credit card, since the card usually isn't reported to the bureaus for some time after approval. Are you sure about this? I was approved for three different credit cards last week, and saw no "instant increase for being approved." Perhaps what actually happened in your case is the inquiry forced your score to be updated on the Experian app, and you saw a normal 5 point increase that was due.

Or an about 10 point increase minus the ding for the HP.

So do you agree that you don't get an "instant score increase for being approved" for a credit card?

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I did the application for the card my Experian app on the phone said 654. About 5 min later after the card app was approved I got a pop up notice credit check and then soon after that another notice of the 5 point increase for credit card approval. Now I did not receive notice yet from Credit Karma nor did I receive notice yet from Chase and Capital One's credit score helper both of these normally pickup on up TU and EQ pulls fast within the same day.

Message 14 of 19
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!  Smiley Happy
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Before I did the application for the card my Experian app on the phone said 654. About 5 min later after the card app was approved I got a pop up notice credit check and then soon after that another notice of the 5 point increase for credit card approval. Now I did not receive notice yet from Credit Karma nor did I receive notice yet from Chase and Capital One's credit score helper both of these normally pickup on up TU and EQ pulls fast within the same day.

Do you pay for the daily score updates on Experian or is it monthly?

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Delta Gold approval!

Message 17 of 19
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the AmEx Delta Gold approval!

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. Very good card if you fly Delta. I have used it so much, It has funded a trip to NY from TX and a trip for my sister and wife to Vegas. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.