KingPredator
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta Gold Milestone!

Congrats on the approval
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Humm ok. I have 2 baddies that I'm hoping will fall off at the end of this month as I have paid them. Was looking at the amex gold but hoping my EX goes up enough. Anyone know the min Fico 8 for the gold? 

Message 12 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on hitting your milestone with this approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I know how good that feels. We have similar scores. I was approved on 9/7 for amex delta gold 1000 SL as well and my  Experian was 624.

I also was approved the same day for NFCU cash rewards 1000 SL  and my Transunion was 634. Unfortunately they denied me for cloc. My Equifax was a little lower than yours at 645 and that's what they use for cloc and cli.

Yeah, I went on an app spree on 9/7 after closing on my mortgage and am now in the garden but I was excited to see all the approvals.  Especially the NFCU and AMEX! And discover auto CL me a couple weeks later from 300 SL to 2500!!

Also have had all but one of my collections deleted so far. I started out this year with FIFTEEN medical collections!

Credit rebuilding works of you have patience!

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LearningToGarden Congratulations on your success! Crazy..We have oddly similar profiles; including the journey thusfar.....cards, scores, CLI, graduation..and the even the baddies 😂😂 I started in March of this year with 12 EX baddies. All negotiated removals, disputes, and PFD. Now down to 5 stubborn baddies I can't shake. I didn't go as deep with store cards, but even Target we have in common lol. I'd LOVE to get Amazon and Nordstrom. I live in Los Angeles, and Nordstrom is literally at my backdoor. Regarding NFCU... I'm still in complete shock over that success. 👌🏾

Super happy for you and all your progress! I'll keep an eye out for you and check-in from time to time.

Curious...did you try for the 3X CLI at 61 days? Or have you not quite reached it yet?
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I thought our profiles were oddly similar as well. Lol

I went deeper with store cards then I should have but I got caught up with approvals and thought more was better. Id like to drop the Ashley Stewart and Victoria's secret and probably will because they are crap... Even though they did just increase my limits a couple weeks ago. I don't really use the wayfair much but it was my first card a year ago and my limit has gone from 500-8000 in one year! 

I'm annoyed that target and walmart are so low but I'll give them a year to see if they grow. I like all the rest of my cards. 

I am itching to ask for a CLI with AMEX but ive decided to wait for my experian score to come up to at least 670 to improve my odds .its sitting at 646 today and i hate rejection! i have on e colection reporting that i paid last week and am hoping they will remove it at end of month and my score will jump into the 700s!

Message 16 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm in! Today, approved for the AMEX Delta Gold - $1,000 SL. It's a huge milestone for me as this card, and a relationship with AMEX were two main goals for my rebuild which stated in March of this year. Just yesterday, NFCU surprised me with a $15k CLOC, and a $500 SL Cash Rewards Card. BUT this AMEX win.....I must say, so much sweeter. 👌🏾

I applied, and was declined, back on October 12th. My UTIL was 11%, EX score at decline was 602, and I had the same 5 baddies that I have now (all between 3-10 years old). I knew I'd be declined, but really wanted specific reasons. The only thing that came back was "FICO Score". So...

After the AMEX decline, I PIF a few other card balances, received a Disco CLI of $2k, and an Ollo Rewards CL of $1.5k. My UTIL dropped to 3%, and my EX score increased by 35 points to 637. I waited out the 30 days to reapply, and today AMEX finally said yes! Given all the activities, it is time to step back and let these cards work for me. AMEX, Disco, and NFCU will be the cards in the wallet at all times. Credit One is FINALLY officially dead to me and Cap1 and others will stick around... but SD.

Finally..Garden Ready!

Congrats. So wait... you still had the 5 baddies and they approved you?

I have 6 on my EX and they approved me.

Congrats OP. You didn't have to wait 30 days. You only had to wait about a week, but the closer to 640 you were, the better.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Delta Gold approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 19
pgtackle2003
Frequent Contributor

It seems there is a bit of a range, in this same thread someone was approved for the Gold at Fico of about 630 for 1k SL. I was approved for the Gold a week ago with a Fico of 660, 5k SL. (assuming you're referring to the Delta Gold in this thread)

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.