Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Double + 0 New Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Double + 0 New Inquiries

July 31, I fuddled with Ingognito for a while until I found 25,000 bonus for Everyday Preferred and 75,000 for Platinum cards. I pulled the trigger on both. The EDP was instantly approved. The Platinum was pending until after a quick call with customer service. 

No one said anything about my frozen credit reports and I have no new inquiries with any bureau. I have an existing relationship with AMEX, but my credit is just decent without too much outstanding debt for my income.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Double + 0 New Inquiries

congrats on your approvals!!!!! I been trying to get a second card with them. My exp fico just came up to 651 so I now have to wait 30 days to reapply since they used my old score of 612 on my last app. No new hard pulls have been done from amex. 

Message 2 of 6
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! My second Amex was a soft pull too.

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats.

Any data points to share?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAoA: 2.8, Util: 15%, Inquiries: 15, Black marks: 3, 24 months old

@AverageJoesCredit, I am not sure whether these metrics were relavent in the application, however, as my assumption for soft pulls is that they do not include all this information. Am I incorrect?

Limits in sig.

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi t968rs, thanks for sharing some data points. Many like to gage for themselves if they might have a shot when comparing ones dps to their own. Though those arent included in your apps, im pretty sure they can be meaningful to Amex in deciding approvals or not. Black marks or im assuming what we call baddies can affect approvsls or limits.

Great job though getting them on a sp. Amex seems to be doing this more now which is great.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.