Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ED Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX ED Approval

I made a thread recently about getting approved for the PRG & BCE.. well, this past Monday (a day after those applications) I applied for the Everyday card and it went into "review in progress" until this morning.

I just setup the account online, logged into the app to check my CL and it's a whopping 10k! I'm a bit in shock because my BCE approval CL was 1.4k lol what gives? The only thing that changed during my app was my credit score, nothing else and they double hard pulled me for my ED because I called in to ask for an update on my application on Tuesday and Thursday right while I was waiting on hold for an update so I'm going to have to mail them my EX credit report showing the double pulls so they can remove one.

Nonetheless, I am thrilled with the ED approval and CL Smiley Very Happy

Perhaps I shall try a 3x CLI for my BCE when it arrives and I activate it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX ED Approval

you could try, but would have better odds of a CLI at your 61 day mark
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!!!  AMEX approvals feel good don't they!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I made a thread recently about getting approved for the PRG & BCE.. well, this past Monday (a day after those applications) I applied for the Everyday card and it went into "review in progress" until this morning.

I just setup the account online, logged into the app to check my CL and it's a whopping 10k! I'm a bit in shock because my BCE approval CL was 1.4k lol what gives? The only thing that changed during my app was my credit score, nothing else and they double hard pulled me for my ED because I called in to ask for an update on my application on Tuesday and Thursday right while I was waiting on hold for an update so I'm going to have to mail them my EX credit report showing the double pulls so they can remove one.

Nonetheless, I am thrilled with the ED approval and CL Smiley Very Happy

Perhaps I shall try a 3x CLI for my BCE when it arrives and I activate it?

Congrats, but don't try for a 3X CLI on activation of the BCE unless one of your Amex accouts is already 6 months old -Per Doctor of Credit: 

• You must wait a minimum of 60 days after a card is opened before requesting a credit limit increase from American Express, unless you have another American Express issued credit card that has been open for at least six months

Just reallocate some of that ED limit to the BCE. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!!

@DeeBee Thanks for the tip! These are my very first AMEX cards/account ever, so I'll definitely take that into account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.