Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX ED--Shouldn't Have Done It....

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

AMEX ED--Shouldn't Have Done It....

Took the pre-selected offer mainly for the 0% BT for 15 mos--15K MR pts after $1K-3 month spend--and 13.24% APR---approved for....$1000. Some of the balances I was going to transfer were more than that. I already have a $17K BCE--No thanks will be throwing this fish back. Was already planning to ditch a couple of low limit cards anyway w/o adding to the pile.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX ED--Shouldn't Have Done It....

If you have had the BCE for more than 13 months can move some of limit to the ED card for BT.

Message 2 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

If you have had the BCE for more than 13 months can move some of limit to the ED card for BT.

Thanks for the suggesion CC. I've had the BCE for 1.5 years--but I got in when backdating was still being done so it's on my reports as 3.5 years. I probably won't touch the BCE b/c I eventually want to get the limit on that to $20K or over and using my CLI requests  to try and get the ED CL up with a $1K start would be a waste IMO. I might try to get the MR points out of it (ED) because I have the Green charge also--which I use RELIGIOUSLY--and I can use the 15K extra points there. After that I'll SD the ED or close it out completely. I just wish AMEX wouldn't send out pre-approvals if they plan to stick established customers in good standing with toy limits--especially if they have the ability to SP accts. periodically Smiley Frustrated.

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 12
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

+1CreditCuriousity also for me I remember when I got my 2nd Amex revolver the SL was lower than the card too,np, moved some over to new card and later did CLI on latest card, haven't done any CLI's since that was over 2yrs ago..
Best Wishes ......

Message 4 of 12
12njoy
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear ch

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 5 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Sorry to hear ch

Thanks 12--it's all good. More than likely I'll get rid of the card after I meet the $1K spend for the 15K MR points---and take USAA up on their AMEX offer. At least with them I SHOULD be good for at least a $6 or $7K minimum CL--although the APR in their offer isn't nearly as good. Didn't you get the same ED offer and end up with a low limit also?

BUSINESS
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Took the pre-selected offer mainly for the 0% BT for 15 mos--15K MR pts after $1K-3 month spend--and 13.24% APR---approved for....$1000. Some of the balances I was going to transfer were more than that. I already have a $17K BCE--No thanks will be throwing this fish back. Was already planning to ditch a couple of low limit cards anyway w/o adding to the pile.

Congratulations On Your Approval!...Thanks For Sharing.Woman LOLWoman LOL

Message 7 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Did you now take the card?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed a lot of people, especially as of lately, getting low SL's for that card. I got the same 1k on the ED last year. Nevertheless, congrats on your AMEX approval!
Message 9 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.