Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX EVERYDAY

tag
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

AMEX EVERYDAY

Hello all,

I havent posted in many years. I am disappointed with the SL for my Everyday approval with Amex. It was $2,300.

How many of you have had success activating and asking underwriting for a CLI? Here are my most recent data points:

AMEX PRG - NPSL - 2500/mo
Amex Blue Cash Pref - 17000 CL - 2000/mo - 0
Barclays - 19k CL - 0
Barclays - 950 CL - 0
Capital One - 3300 CL - 0
Capital One Secured - 1000 CL - 0
Citi - 5,600CL - 3,700 - 0% for another 12 months or so.
Discover - 6100 CL - 300/mo - 0
Discover - 13,900 CL - 0
Lending Club - 7500/12,000 - 277/mo
Synch/Lowes - 17,000 CL - 0
Synch/Walmart - 6K CLI - 0
Synch/Chevron - 10K CLI - 0
Synch/PayPal MC - 10K CLI - 0
3 Paid Autos
Alaska FCU Auto - 6K/11k - 200/mo @ 4.9%

I am a bit over 700 with maybe 6 inquiries on each bureau. In those 6, I apped for Cap1 Card (Venture 15K) and Barclays CLI to 19K. I make about $120k/yr and AAoA is 3 years.

Again, can I get an increase on the ED card with Amex, at activation? Thank you all in advance.

***UPDATE*** -- I paid off Lending Club and it reports as such. I called Amex today because to get the 20% MR bonus, I need to swipe 20x/month. Of course, I have swiped 5x and I am halfway to my limit. Called and they submitted me via auto. I was CLI'd to 3x which is $6900. Guess I need to wait the 181 days to move forward but happy the CLI was achieved before the 61 days everyone speaks of...

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX EVERYDAY

Congrats.

Regarding CLI upon activation, it’s very much your mileage may vary.
Message 2 of 16
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Nothing wrong with a low CL.  Grow from it. 

Message 3 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@BronzeTraderwrote:

Indeed. If the credit line is the issue could just take some from the BCP and put it on there. As far as an increase upon activation that depends on the last time you requested a CLI on said BCP. AMEX won't allow you to request an increase after a CLI approval for 181 days.

Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy. The good news is with your income and spend, this card should grow fast within a year. Enjoy the rideSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geez! Congrats!
Message 6 of 16
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

It's easy to say "grow with it", but the Everyday is one of the few cards that allows you to do a BT for 0% transfer fee as long as it's done within the first 60 days of activation. I'm not going to app for it or a couple of other cards until my CLs across-the-board are high and I'm going to buy something very expensive.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to CLI at activation from 4K but was unsuccessful. I did wait the 61 days and and did the 3x CLI and was able to get it to 12k. I would say be patient for the first 2 months and then CLI the card!

Message 8 of 16
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I tried to CLI at activation from 4K but was unsuccessful. I did wait the 61 days and and did the 3x CLI and was able to get it to 12k. I would say be patient for the first 2 months and then CLI the card!

Did you have a CLI approval from Amex in the past 6 months?

Message 9 of 16
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@simplynoirwrote:

@BronzeTraderwrote:

Indeed. If the credit line is the issue could just take some from the BCP and put it on there. As far as an increase upon activation that depends on the last time you requested a CLI on said BCP. AMEX won't allow you to request an increase after a CLI approval for 181 days.

Yup, If it’s been over 181 days since your last CLI from Amex, go ahead and ask for the CLI, LET US KNOW IF YOU GET IT AND ADD IT TO THE DEFINITIVE 3X GUIDE. 😛😛

$6,900...

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.