Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX EveryDay Card approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX EveryDay Card approved

So about 5 years ago I defaulted with an Amex charge card and the balance was sent off to collections. I think NCO financial called and tried to get me to settle the balance -- we set up a payment plan and I paid the balance down over the course of a year or so. I'm a firm believer in paying off my debts! Anyway, after my last payment was made I got an application for the Amex Oasis Optims Card. I figured it would be a good way to get a positive history going with Amex again, so I applied and got a $500 limit. I turned things around since then and had started using my credit cards responsibly. I started to pay everything off in full each month and never utilized more then 10-20% at a time -- and I did that with the Oasis card for about two solid years. So the other night I'm talking on the Amex online support chat about applying for a new card. He/she encouraged me to apply. I only had one inquiry for a LendingClub personal loan (to consolidate my other credit cards) so I thought I'd give it a shot. I applied for the Amex EveryDay card and was approved instantly with  a $5,000 limit. Small potatoes for some of you, but a big win for me! I also saw that my Fico 8 score was a 751, a huge increase since I last checked it a couple years ago when it was less than 630. Working hard definitely pays off in the long run.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX EveryDay Card approved

Congrats Omre, on your success with Amex. Only one way to go but up! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 4
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Fantastic rebuild story!

Congrats on building your new relationship with AMEX Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
cleanitup
Regular Contributor

Great job rebuilding with Amex.    I am not familiar with ED card, i need look that up.  I have the BCE.   

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.