Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Everyday Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Everyday Approval!

So I have been working on my credit quite a bit in the past few months. Paid off over $8k bringing my utilization down from 98% to 51%. I have been keeping an eye on BT offers from my current cards but they I figured since I already had a pre-approval status on almost every AMEX card I figured I would pull the gun since I already have one AMEX card and this prevents an unnecessary hard pull apparently. Applied for the Everyday card since it seemed the most appealing BT wise. Received the 14 day message, called when I got off work. They verified my identity and I was approved! He said there is a $1000 temporary limit but supposedly it increases when you activate it? Never heard of this before but I'm pretty excited but also extremely curious on my actual SL and hopefully it's beefy enough for a good BT to relieve some debt from one of my higher APR cards!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Everyday Approval!

Congrats on your Amex ED card! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Congradulations mate, that was my frist Amex card, luv the way it looks and MR's too.Congratulations_misti.gif

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the ED card approval!

Message 4 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Have you called in to see what the SL is?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your new AMEX!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 8
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

Others have said they had a temporary limit, too but I believe you need to call in when you get the card and ask for an increase. If you get resistance maybe plead your case about the BT.
Message 7 of 8
EW800
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on not only the Amex ED approval, but even more so in getting your Util from 98% to 51%!  FICO scoring had to be be giving it to you good for 98% Util, so it is great that you are now out of that area!  Keep up the great work!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.