cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GOLD APPROVAL!!!

tag
TRJ87

AMEX GOLD APPROVAL!!!

Finally pulled the trigger and applied for an Amex Gold card. and was immediately approved!!!! Was so very excited!
Had recently pulled my TU score up to a 706 and figured WTH might as well go for it.

A friend sent me a referral link, but he has the Platinum so not sure if he will get the referral link bonus since I Applied for the Gold. Hopefully he does, just might call Amex to see what they can do for him and confirm my Sign up Bonus as well. The offer that was shown was 65,000 Points for the 3K in 3 months. Nothing huge but ill take the extra 5,000. 

Was able to get card number saved to phone and in the Amex app and Already have 3K in charges pending. (Was planning a trip with friends anyways and he let me book the Air BNB to earn points since he was supposed to get referral points. 

Was surprised Amex allowed the big charge only hours after approving, but it will all get paid down after the first statement posts.

Wanted to share my Successful card application with you all.
the last card that I received was the Chase Amazon card with an SL of $6900 in June.

Next card Citi Custom cash
Next Next card is an Amex Marriott card. waiting to see what the Bevy is about and if AF changes for the Boundless

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX GOLD APPROVAL!!!

Congrats, you got that high Amazon SL for that score? Have you apped sparingly, how many accts last 6/12/24 months(Chase has 5/24 rule), thx

Message 2 of 13
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, the GOLD is a great card to have, I use mine a lot.
I pay mine down mulitple times a month, I like to see it at zero before the statement posts. So does AMEX Smiley Wink

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 13
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Gold card approval!

3/3/24
Message 4 of 13
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations enjoy it have fun.

Message 5 of 13
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

@TRJ87  Congrats on the Gold card approval. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 6 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Gold approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 13
CitizenHobbes
New Contributor

Congratulations on the new Amex Gold!

Current Cards:

Next Cards:

Message 8 of 13
TRJ87

I was Very surprised on the SL for the Amazon chase card, when I apped for that card my score was at a 655,

New job income has me around 85K. 

I had 2 vehicle purchases within a 4 month period. so my score had taken a hit while they were searching for someone to finance me. New job almost required me having a truck so I had to trade back in a car I had purchased just a few months before. took a hit but came back up quickly.
With the new job I got my utilization down to under 30 within a month, about to be under 10% by EOM

I have not apped for any other cards because I have not wanted any more hard Pulls

New accts last 6/12/24 =  3/0/0. 2 car loans 1 opened and closed, and the chase Amazon card, Now the Amex Gold.
Just starting out on a points earning and cash back system, been dumb putting all my spending on my debit card for all these years.

Due to all you fine people here I have learned a lot from lurking.

Hopefully my info may help someone in a similar situation, But I was very surprised by the 2 recent approvals. Forgot to mention also have 2, 30 day lates Sept 21 and Nov 21 on a Citi Bank my Best Buy card. The Nov one was refunded to me for a goodwill but has yet to show on any credit reports. Paid extra on the card past 0 until they gave me a CLI.

Thank you all for the Kudos and congrats.

Message 9 of 13
TRJ87

You Say to pay it down in full before statement balance Posts?

I was thinking to leave a little on for Statement to show usage, but Pay down the week after, Definitely before Balance Due date of course.

I want to say I had read that Amex will report a 0 Balance once the statement is paid down even if it is before the Balance Due date. I learned on here that Chase does the same and I have tested and can approve that is correct, wondering if Amex does in fact do the same?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.