Not applicable

Re: AMEX GOLD APPROVED

Congrats on your AmEx approval!
Message 21 of 30
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

@AnonymousWelp. I didnt know that. I mean even chase only has a 48 months period. Didnt know I needed to wait 7 years to get another SUB. Thats kind of unfair to me as a consumer.

Lots of DPs here (and all over the internet) that tells you this. You just put yourself on their **bleep** list.

Message 22 of 30
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Gold approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 23 of 30
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@KLEXH25Well to be honest I was looking or scrolling for a data point on something as stupid as that. Never even crossed my mind and at the end of the day I could careless about what list they put me on.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 24 of 30
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

@KLEXH25Well to be honest I was looking or scrolling for a data point on something as stupid as that. Never even crossed my mind and at the end of the day I could careless about what list they put me on.

It's hardly a stupid rule, it was put in place to deter all the churning being done in order to collect multple SUBs on the same card.  Just like the TYP 24 month rule, the 1-Sapphire card and 48 month rules, and the BoA 2/3/4 rules that were also put in place to curtail the practice of opening a card, collecting the SUB, closing it, then later opening it again in order to collect another SUB.

I do however thing that AMEX should have done a better job in realizing that because you held the previous Gold card you would be ineligible to earn a SUB and informed you before your final submission of the app that you would be ineligible.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 25 of 30
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion Exactly and I am certainly not a churner. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccquest wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Amex Gold approval! 

BTW - I got approved for 3 revolvers on the same day, so it never hurt to try. Everyone Amex internal and external credit profile is different. I have been a member with Amex for 6 years. Total cards with Amex now are 8 including 3 biz cards.

3 personal revolvers (not charge) on the same day? How many cards did you have before that? Just curious on data points.

Yes - Hilton Aspire / Cash Magnet / Business Blue Cash

Prior to the 3 revolvers, I had 5 accounts 

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Amex Gold approval! 

BTW - I got approved for 3 revolvers on the same day, so it never hurt to try. Everyone Amex internal and external credit profile is different. I have been a member with Amex for 6 years. Total cards with Amex now are 8 including 3 biz cards.

Tried and got denied. Only an SP so no harm no foul.

I'm so sorry - but you're right - no harm no foul!  Everyone profile is different which is why I say it doesn't hurt to try. 

Message 28 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 29 of 30
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.