cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GOLD DELTA...APPROVED...Whats Next?

tag
alexgold9393
New Contributor

AMEX GOLD DELTA...APPROVED...Whats Next?

Wow, just wow

Im overwhelmed right now, feeling joy and happiness. I have been fighting for my score for the last 3 years and have applied for an amex every 6 months only to be rejected over and over again. The last 3 times even submitted additional documents for a manual review and still nothing. 

My plan was to pay off some balances and try again in Novemeber. It was another thread here that I was reading that someone said, im currently gardening but check prequalified offers once a week. Something hit me and i decided to give it a try. 

From a genius here on the forums, it was recommended to apply through incognito because maybe they remember who you are and so I did. 

Guess what? I'm approved for $1,000 SL and got my foot in the door with Amex. After reading peoples comments about its just a card, and pick something with rewards that apply to you, that all makes sense, but to me personally having an Amex in the wallet is the rolls royce in the parking lot. I was so pissed because DW got approved for Amex Green with 632 but long AAoA, 70% util. 

I'll give some data points ( because I love reading data points)

EX FICO8 666

AAoA 2 years 4 months

19 open accounts 3% utilization

3 baddies reporting, 2 paid off and will be removed when the report is updated in the next month. 

Thanks to everyone in this forum for guidance, advice, and friendliness. 

Whats next?

Do I wait 90 days and ask for 3xCLI?

Do I apply for another card today, maybe BCE?

Open Accounts:

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX GOLD DELTA...APPROVED...Whats Next?

If it were me, I'd use it regularly while PIF frequently.  Then in 90 days ask for a 3x CLI and in 180 days after that anther 3x CLI.  If both approved, you'd be at $9k and in good shape for another card with them.  If you join the garden during that time frame as well, I'm sure during that 9 month stretch you can get above 700 FICO and in really good shape for another AMEX card.  Then transfering CLs between cards is a snap. 

Congrats!  

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Gold Delta approval! In about 6 months, the rest of their card lineup will open up for you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your new card!

Sorry, hit the "post" too quickly. Definitely go for the 3x CLI. In the mean time, make solid use of it within your means and definitely PIF. 

Message 5 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@LakeLife wrote:

If it were me, I'd use it regularly while PIF frequently.  Then in 90 days ask for a 3x CLI and in 180 days after that anther 3x CLI.  If both approved, you'd be at $9k and in good shape for another card with them.  If you join the garden during that time frame as well, I'm sure during that 9 month stretch you can get above 700 FICO and in really good shape for another AMEX card.  Then transfering CLs between cards is a snap. 

Congrats!  

You can only have 1 approval per person every 6 months. If he gets the 90 days CLI, he would have to wait 6 months before trying again. That being said, with a $1k limit, he'll probably have to wait 6-12 months and will only get a 2x increase.

Message 6 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!!!

Message 7 of 16
alexgold9393
New Contributor

Thanks for all the advice and congrats, 

I decided I no longer need to be pushy and out on my hat and start the gardening process. I will ask for a CLI in 90 days, because why not, and not apply for a while. 

Let me just sit back and enjoy my garden, the seeds have been planted!

Thanks for all the support again

Open Accounts:

Message 8 of 16
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

what additional documents did you have to submit for the manual review?? Congrats on your new card!!

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 9 of 16
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@LakeLife wrote:

Congrats!  

You can only have 1 approval per person every 6 months. If he gets the 90 days CLI, he would have to wait 6 months before trying again. That being said, with a $1k limit, he'll probably have to wait 6-12 months and will only get a 2x increase.

This was not true in my case.  I was able to get two cards within a couple of months of each other and got a CLI on the second card just outside the 90 day window.  

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.