cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GOLD DELTA...APPROVED...Whats Next?

tag
alexgold9393
New Contributor

Re: AMEX GOLD DELTA...APPROVED...Whats Next?

I wasn’t sure as there is no data provided. The reasons given were something along the lines of:
FICO score
Utilization
Derragotory marks.

What I did was screenshot my accounts and FICO scores from Experian app, credit karma and credit sesame. I explained my baddies and what happened and what I’m doing to fix it.

Asked them for lowest possible limit and even offered security deposit.

Last reply was that manual review has been concluded and you were not approved due to low FICO. As of last attempt it was 599, manual review score was 648, but their reply showed 599 again. So they don’t check it when doing a manual review.

Applied with 666 and got approved. Still walking with a smile on my face all day long.

Open Accounts:

Message 11 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@LakeLife wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@LakeLife wrote:

If it were me, I'd use it regularly while PIF frequently.  Then in 90 days ask for a 3x CLI and in 180 days after that anther 3x CLI.  If both approved, you'd be at $9k and in good shape for another card with them.  If you join the garden during that time frame as well, I'm sure during that 9 month stretch you can get above 700 FICO and in really good shape for another AMEX card.  Then transfering CLs between cards is a snap. 

Congrats!  

You can only have 1 approval per person every 6 months. If he gets the 90 days CLI, he would have to wait 6 months before trying again. That being said, with a $1k limit, he'll probably have to wait 6-12 months and will only get a 2x increase.

This was not true in my case.  I was able to get two cards within a couple of months of each other and got a CLI on the second card just outside the 90 day window.  

And you got a CLI on the first card within 6 months of the second CLI?

Message 12 of 16
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@LakeLife wrote:

@LakeLife wrote:

If it were me, I'd use it regularly while PIF frequently.  Then in 90 days ask for a 3x CLI and in 180 days after that anther 3x CLI.  If both approved, you'd be at $9k and in good shape for another card with them.  If you join the garden during that time frame as well, I'm sure during that 9 month stretch you can get above 700 FICO and in really good shape for another AMEX card.  Then transfering CLs between cards is a snap. 

Congrats!  

You can only have 1 approval per person every 6 months. If he gets the 90 days CLI, he would have to wait 6 months before trying again. That being said, with a $1k limit, he'll probably have to wait 6-12 months and will only get a 2x increase.

This was not true in my case.  I was able to get two cards within a couple of months of each other and got a CLI on the second card just outside the 90 day window.  

And you got a CLI on the first card within 6 months of the second CLI?

No, just one CLI within around 5 months of the first card approval.  I have since split my CLs between the two cards.

Message 13 of 16
Finendandy2

What is “incognito?”  A website?

Message 14 of 16
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Incognito mode is when you use the Chrome browser and open a new window for private browsing, which is called incognito mode. In Safari you click file and new private window, which will give you private browsing. It just prevents cookies and identifiable things from letting the website your are visiting from knowing who you are...   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 15 of 16
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations OP for the approval and welcome to the AmEx family!!!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.