Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GOLD approval and Discover CLI!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX GOLD approval and Discover CLI!!!

I’m ecstatic. I’ve always wanted to have a Amex Gold card - since I was a little kid! Flashy, and the heaviness attracted me. Now, the awesome rewards & customer service attract me.

I’m 18 - I honestly believed I would have to wait until at least 21 to get the gold card. I recently was approved for the cashRewards NFCU card - was not planning on getting another card....until I got a preapproved Gold offer.

Applied and was instantly approved.

Discover got jealous, within 3 hours I was sent an email saying my “excellent credit management,” resulted in more than a double CLI from 500 to 1100... 680 being available as cash... which is unusual as they don’t like to do cash advance from what I see. I really don’t even see a need for it, but I won’t complain. unfortunately that card is still being SD’d. AMEX and NFCU offer way better customer service as well as perks.

Thank you Discover for being my first card. I should mention I’ve only had a card since September.

Now really, I mean it. To the garden I go!!!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX GOLD approval and Discover CLI!!!

Congrats! I know what you feel about always wanting the Gold. But I also thank Discover for helping me get back on track with credit. Don't be Afraid to ask for another CLI on that Discover and double dip 😁
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I did try to double dip just now... denied haha. I really couldn’t care less. My goal is to throw Netflix on there and use more premier cards to maximize rewards & cashback. I’m a full time student and near full time employee - free money is free money!!
Message 3 of 16
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!
Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 16
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card and welcome to the Amex family.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 5 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approvals

Message 6 of 16
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Way to go!  You're off to a great start at the tender age of 18.  You are obviously a smart person to get things rolling, just always, always, always protect your credit....don't let others lead you astray ie. co-signing, loaning, spending your credit on others with the promise of "pay back".  Your credit will be around a whole lot longer than others' trival debts and their troubles can become your troubles that will continue to haunt you after they have come and gone.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 16
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Definitely a good idea to garden for some time. Your profile is young so adding in garden will help a lot.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and rare auto CLI from Disco !!!!

Message 9 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.