Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX GREEN APPROVED!!!! Life after AMEX Zync PSL

tag
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

AMEX GREEN APPROVED!!!! Life after AMEX Zync PSL

YES!!!! There is life after being in Zync PSL prison!!!  As some may remember, I had the Zync with PSL for about 13 months.  Perfect payment etc.; however, when they began to product change some of the PSL Zync's, I was denied.  So I after two attempts, I closed the Zync card back in April.  Today, I decided to try to get my foot back in the door and app'd for the AMEX Green card.  APPROVED!!!! FINALLY!!  So now I can see if this will get me in for Revolver later on down the road! 

Can you all school me on how to use this card for my BEST chance at a Revolver and WHEN I should make that attempt?  When I had the Zync with $500 PSL I used it like a debit card, but the $500 was extremely restrictive.  I was thinking of using this AMEX card to run all my household bills through (cable, cell phone, electric and water).   Also, how do I know how much they will allow me to charge?  Although I know it's NPSL, I know they have some internal limit that may change with your spending habits right? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Contributor

Re: AMEX GREEN APPROVED!!!! Life after AMEX Zync PSL

I'd wait a year or so before apping for the revolver. I personally tried after 9 months, and was declined because "the length of time with American Express is too short." YMMV of course.

Your internal limit should be fairly high. My income is only around $14,000, and they approved me for up to $4000 in charges. 

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 2 of 11
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@528491 wrote:

I'd wait a year or so before apping for the revolver. I personally tried after 9 months, and was declined becase "the length of time with American Express is too short." YMMV of course.

Your internal limit should be fairly high. My income is around $14,000, and they approved me for up to $4000 in charges. 

Thanks for the advice! How did you find out the amount they would allow you to charge up to?  Will it be in the information when the card arrives?  Just trying to determine if I  can push all my utilities or just a few of them through this card monthly.

Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your approval. Once you set up your account you'll see a button that says something like 'will this charge go through'. Some have said playing with that button often will result in a FR. That might be just a rumor and I would use your own judgment.
Message 4 of 11
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! It's too bad you had to close the ZYNC account before you could ap for the green card. GL with your revolver ambitions, maybe wait 6 months and then apply for the BCE?
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 5 of 11
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on your approval. Once you set up your account you'll see a button that says something like 'will this charge go through'. Some have said playing with that button often will result in a FR. That might be just a rumor and I would use your own judgment.

And the spending limit will change over the time. When I did start it was "only" 4K, today it is in the high five figures. I used it often in the beginning and never heard anything from Amexco about using it. Today I use it once a months or so just out of curiosity. I believe it is only a rumour about the button and the FR.

Congrats of course Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 6 of 11
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@GaTech wrote:
Congrats! It's too bad you had to close the ZYNC account before you could ap for the green card. GL with your revolver ambitions, maybe wait 6 months and then apply for the BCE?

Thanks!  I did app for the Green twice before closing my Zync and it was denied (back in March and then April).  Many say on here it may have been because of the ZYNC with PSL that was holding me back.  So after the last denial, and then being denied a PC when they starting doing them for some of the Zync with PSL's, I closed the account.  Now I am thinking those people were right who said the Zync w/PSL was holding me back because not much on my Credit Profile has changed since April.

Message 7 of 11
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

And the spending limit will change over the time. When I did start it was "only" 4K, today it is in the high five figures. I used it often in the beginning and never heard anything from Amexco about using it. Today I use it once a months or so just out of curiosity. I believe it is only a rumour about the button and the FR.

Congrats of course Smiley Very Happy

Thanks so much!  So when the card arrives I guess I'll check the "Will this Charge Go Through" button for around $2,000 just too see if that will be okay. The utilities I want to push through add up to about $1500 a month give or take Smiley Happy)

Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just remember like shakalaka mentioned the figure can change. Tbh, I'd be surprised if $1500 would have a problem.
Message 9 of 11
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Just remember like shakalaka mentioned the figure can change. Tbh, I'd be surprised if $1500 would have a problem.

Okay, I will remember! Thanks 09Lexie!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.