Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold APPROVED!

tag
citymunky
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold APPROVED!

@FishingGuy @OmarGB9 Thanks for the advice, which PIF is the plan as it's the way I had normally operated during my rebuild. (Normally I PIF before the statement, but sometimes I leave a small amount to report, than I PIF before due date. Current credit UTL is 3% with 2% of that coming from my AU card).

Also Thank you All for the congrats!

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 11 of 23
citymunky
Established Contributor

@FLLGuy I see you that you do really like AMEX, 5 of your 12 cards are from AMEX (not counting the 2 AU cards). Maybe later after I garden a year or two, I'll apply to the Blue Cash Preferred for the 6% cash back on groceries, which is double what SavorOne offers.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 12 of 23
citymunky
Established Contributor

@IamWesty12, I'm glad you were able to get back with AMEX, I'm in a similar situation with Navy Federal Credit Union. I had no choice but to burn them during a BK13 after my divorce (I had an auto loan and Credit Card was up-to-date with them, but I had to file to get other creditors off my back). Unfortunately, NFCU never forgets, and unless I pay back over the over $15K that was discharged, they would never offer a credit product to me even again. As far as my relationship with AMEX, this is my first with them.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 13 of 23
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX Gold approval

Message 14 of 23
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Gold approval ! @citymunky 

Message 15 of 23
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

Yes Omar,  That is absolutely tue...... but let me clarify what I meant...
which is... that I often (or most of the time) pay the balance in full, when there is no balance due, and do that PRIOR to the bill cutting so it reports as a zero balance.

Message 16 of 23
citymunky
Established Contributor

Concur with @FishingGuy. I set a side the money I plan on spending with my Credit Cards in a separate checking account. I used that separate checking account solely paying off my debts as before the statement is cut. I also juggle with cards I allowed to report a low balance than PIF right after a statement is cut to efforts to keep all my cards active.

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 17 of 23
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@citymunky wrote:

@IamWesty12, I'm glad you were able to get back with AMEX, I'm in a similar situation with Navy Federal Credit Union. I had no choice but to burn them during a BK13 after my divorce (I had an auto loan and Credit Card was up-to-date with them, but I had to file to get other creditors off my back). Unfortunately, NFCU never forgets, and unless I pay back over the over $15K that was discharged, they would never offer a credit product to me even again. As far as my relationship with AMEX, this is my first with them.

@citymunky ahh I see now.  So funny, our stories are similar about who we burned during divorces but cards are flopped, lol.  Truth of the matter, it was a bit long ago for me so I can't recall if I had paid Amex back or not but I guess if I didn't pay them years ago I would not be welcomed back in???  Or maybe that is why the limit has been stalled at $1k???  I get it though if that is the case, I burned them once, why would they give me that chance again to do it twice!  I love that I am in with NFCU, from the 2 mths I have been a member, I see great things from them.  If I hadn't been approved for a USDA 502 direct mortgage I would have probably applied with them for my mortgage.  Well, live and learn ey???  Congrats and enjoy!

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Gold approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 19 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your AME GOLD Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.