Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Approved! What's Next? 🤔

tag
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold Approved! What's Next? 🤔

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

Thank you! Oh jeez I'd love an X1 invite if I knew someone 😃

Umm same here. Lol! I've been patiently waiting for my wait list invite and nothing. 

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how old is the paid off collections on your Experian report?

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 11 of 20
DONZI
Established Contributor

Congrats!

I recently acquired this card via the resy offer also.

Is there any indication of the resy offer among the online and/or physical docs for you?

I recall having a SUB progress bar on a previous amex card but don't see anything for the Gold card on the amex website...

Thanks!

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 12 of 20
UpwardTrajectory
Valued Member

@dcp0524 wrote:

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

Umm same here. Lol! I've been patiently waiting for my wait list invite and nothing. 

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how old is the paid off collections on your Experian report?

Yeah absolutely! I believe it was late April or early May next year...the thing about it is that I was at the 5 year mark with it (unpaid), then I realized paying it "renewed" its status on my credit report which I had questioned for a while? But now it seems I'm getting double pulled for these new cards and I seem OK! 

Scores 1/1/2022:
TU: 720
EQ: 720
Experian: 680

Cards:
Capital One Quicksilver $3.3k | Apple Card $5k | Ollo Optimum $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $5k | AMEX Gold | AMEX Platinum (AU) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($12k AU) | Chase Amazon Prime ($10k AU) | BoA Cash Rewards ($10k AU)

Grateful for this forum!
Message 13 of 20
UpwardTrajectory
Valued Member

@DONZI wrote:

Congrats!

Is there any indication of the resy offer among the online and/or physical docs for you?

I recall having a SUB progress bar on a previous amex card but don't see anything for the Gold card on the amex website...

Thanks!

I haven't gotten the physical card just yet, but I will let you know! Nothing as to indicate on AmEx.com, but I figure the offer did come through? 

Scores 1/1/2022:

Cards:
Capital One Quicksilver $3.3k | Apple Card $5k | Ollo Optimum $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $5k | AMEX Gold | AMEX Platinum (AU) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($12k AU) | Chase Amazon Prime ($10k AU) | BoA Cash Rewards ($10k AU)

Grateful for this forum!
Message 14 of 20
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

@dcp0524 wrote:

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

Yeah absolutely! I believe it was late April or early May next year...the thing about it is that I was at the 5 year mark with it (unpaid), then I realized paying it "renewed" its status on my credit report which I had questioned for a while? But now it seems I'm getting double pulled for these new cards and I seem OK! 

Gotcha. I was asking because Experian does early exclusion and I didn't know how close you was to it dropping off your report. If you know what that is great!! I just like to make sure someone knows that way they can get it off asap and it shortens their road to a clean report. ☺️

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
Message 15 of 20
UpwardTrajectory
Valued Member

@dcp0524 wrote:

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

@dcp0524 wrote:

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

Gotcha. I was asking because Experian does early exclusion and I didn't know how close you was to it dropping off your report. If you know what that is great!! I just like to make sure someone knows that way they can get it off asap and it shortens their road to a clean report. ☺️

Oh jeez! Now I feel like I kind of screwed up a bit! 

Scores 1/1/2022:

Cards:

Grateful for this forum!
Message 16 of 20
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

@dcp0524 wrote:

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

@dcp0524 wrote:

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

Oh jeez! Now I feel like I kind of screwed up a bit! 

Nah. Being unpaid hurts you worse than being paid. It may have added a little time but it has to come off eventually.  Once you hit 3 months before it is to fall off call them and ask them to remove it.

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
Message 17 of 20
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex approval 👍🏼

Message 18 of 20
DONZI
Established Contributor

@UpwardTrajectory wrote:

@DONZI wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks!

I haven't gotten the physical card just yet, but I will let you know! Nothing as to indicate on AmEx.com, but I figure the offer did come through? 

I called today and inquired about the card, amex confirmed the resy parameters (75k MR / 6mo spend) and so forth were all active for the account.

In regard to the earn progress meter I asked about, having seen that on another amex card offer, the answer was that the progress widget on the website is not used anymore.

I got spoiled by having the handy progress bar / days remain countdown stuff from before. Ah well. Perhaps it'll reappear sometime in the future. It was a nice touch.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 19 of 20
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on the Gold card approval ! 

It is a really useful card for every day spend, as you will find out. If you are coming back from a previous AMEX charge off, I'd be inclined to just treat this card carefully, give AMEX a chance to see your charge / payment ability, and let them get comfortable with letting you back in. I would not app any second AMEX card. You have the spend for the SUB to get through, and it's going to be earning you a lot of MR points to combine with the Platinum.

Enjoy the New Year success Smiley Happy 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.