cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Approved - with a surprising score!

tag
Petit3tee
Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold Approved - with a surprising score!

@Anonymous wrote:

Well everyone, I have every reason to stay in the garden for some time now. I just cold app'd for my goal card and got it. A bit risky, sure, but I'm happy with it. It did pull EX, of course. Approved with a 641. Not amazing, but I'll need its features for an upcoming trip. I'm excited to finally have this relationship with AMEX, and I'm grateful for al of the encouraging and insightful posts from fellow members on this board. Your shared experiences have taught me a lot to get where I am now.

Big congrats! 

Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

No referral needed. Call or chat them up and get yours converted to rose gold. Piece of cake.
Message 12 of 28
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Welcome to the family!

AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so I'm Rose Gold now. haha

Message 14 of 28
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! So fun to get your goal card, right?

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 28
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Currently at 21% utilization. One collection that only shows up on TU and I'm good elsewhere. Also, there is a closed Amazon Prime Chase account.

My total credit limits across all accounts is $5,750 with. No late payments over the last three years and an AAoA of about 4 years.

Is the closed Chase Amazon account a possitive account?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly not. My wife and I went through a tough time through her pregnancy and I had made some payment arrangements. I was keeping it, so I went to make a payment on it and saw it was closed. To note, I had maybe 3 or 4 late payments over a 7 year history. I called in and they simply said they closed it with no ability to reinstate. But I was keeping up and working it down. At least it never went to collections. Paid it off directly with them.

It was my first cc, too. Amazon Chase, just after it went Signature. I didn't know how strict Chase was until that moment.
Message 18 of 28
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sadly not. My wife and I went through a tough time through her pregnancy and I had made some payment arrangements. I was keeping it, so I went to make a payment on it and saw it was closed. To note, I had maybe 3 or 4 late payments over a 7 year history. I called in and they simply said they closed it with no ability to reinstate. But I was keeping up and working it down. At least it never went to collections. Paid it off directly with them.

It was my first cc, too. Amazon Chase, just after it went Signature. I didn't know how strict Chase was until that moment.

At least you paid them off and you wont be on their BL. How long ago was this?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Rose Gold goal card! 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.