Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Card 50K Offer APPROVAL!

tag
ultimaterewardsguy357
Regular Contributor

AMEX Gold Card 50K Offer APPROVAL!

Y'all, this is beyond surprising because I did not think I would qualify based on my credit scores. Credit cards are definitely a YMMV situation. I hit the Amex prequalification link on St. Patrick's Day and no dice so I tried my hand at applying anyway and got asked to authenticate my application. I got an email that read something along the lines of not applying for another Amex Gold Card as my application was being reviewed. I thought to myself that I got denied. I just found out that I was approved for the Amex Gold Card!

My Data Points

Savings/Banking Relationship

I have a 6-month banking relationship with Amex. I opened a high yields savings account that I have been sending money to every pay period and just forgetting about it.

Credit Scores

Currently, my FICO scores are 649 EX/632 EQ/ 683 TU. One late payment and one collection account that I am working through. Only the collection is reported on TU. Showing 100 % on time payment history. AAoA: 4 yrs 4 months. Total Accounts: 12 to 16. Longest Account: Student Loan of 10-11 years.

Income

$73K

Utilization

I am carrying a $5 on one of my cards and showing a 0% overall UTI across all of my cards. 

No. of Inquiries

Due to my credit freeze on EQ&EX, Amex pulled from TU which was weird to me but they sent me an authentication code to my cell and told me they would review my application. This also made my 13th inquiry on TU. Inquiry/App happened on the 17th of March and I was approved two days later, today the 19th.

Previous Card Approvals/Application History

This makes my second approval of 2020 since I applied for the pre-approved Double Your Line Offer from Merrick Bank in January. I was hoping for a Chase Sapphire Preferred this go around but I know that I will enjoy the Amex ecosystem for now until Chase decides to approve me for their credit cards. Goals are to enter the Chase ecosystem whithin the next 6 months or so. Hopefully my credit scores will improve in then and I can apply and be approved for a Chase UR earning credit card. Thoughts?

1. CapOne QS1 5/2018

2. CapOne PL Sec'd 9/2019

3. Discover 12/2019

4. Merrick 1/2020

5. Amex Gold 50K Offer 3/2020 (4/24 at the time of application, now at 5/24)

6. CF or CSP 10/2020? (4/24)

7. Ink Business Preferred 10/2020 (App-O-Rama w/ CSP or CF)

10/23/2023 [FICO Score 8] EX: 768 TU: 761 EQ: 777

Future Cards:
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold APPROVAL!

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 9
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!..

Message 6 of 9
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job getting in with AMEX -- Congrats! 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.