Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Card for Ameriprise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Gold Card for Ameriprise

I have had good success with AMEX revolvers, so I thought I'd try an AMEX charge card.  Instant approval. To be fair, I thought it was a version of the PRG but it has different rewards, but such is life.  I have never earned any MR points in the past, so this is my first foray in that direction.  25,000 points for $1000 spend.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Gold Card for Ameriprise

Congrats on your approval , any data points you can provide !!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

FAKO 715, AAoA 2.5 years, 13 month history with AMEX, started with a $1k limit on a Delta Gold, now have $3k on Delta Gold, $3k BCP, $7k Cash Magnet and this new Gold card, 12% util, $146500 total CLs, $195k income.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for quick replied very nice total CL

Message 4 of 11
Gokuva
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new card & thanks for the DP! Cat Happy

Message 5 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got the card Saturday, added it to my existing online profile and they offered POT right off the bat.  I was under the impression that they only offer that once you've had the card for some period of time.  Is this unusual?  

Message 7 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got the card Saturday, added it to my existing online profile and they offered POT right off the bat.  I was under the impression that they only offer that once you've had the card for some period of time.  Is this unusual?  

When I added my Amex Platinum it also asked immediately if I wanted to enroll right off the bat, so that sounds about right. Congrats on the card!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval.

Regarding POT, it’s profile specific when it’s offered. Some get it immediately while others are offered it after some usage.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's YMMV. Some lucky cardholders are offered the POT option with MR points - I'm definitely going to hold out until I receive an offer before I enroll.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.