Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles Approval

tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles Approval

Well, here we go again. Here I was enjoying the garden, sipping my iced tea and planning some travel over the next few months when this offer popped up in my email. The SUB was for 60k for 1k spend and a $50 statement credit on first purchase. I thought about it long and hard since I do travel by Delta sometimes. Asked the DW as well and she thought it was a good deal too. Since I already have several Amex cards, I knew this would be an SP. Figured why not, can always PC down to Blue if anything. Instant approval for $14k. No HPs. EX at 735.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles Approval

I gotta garden, gardening is good,  I gotta garden, stay in the garden...

Congrats!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@xaximus wrote:

Well, here we go again. Here I was enjoying the garden, sipping my iced tea and planning some travel over the next few months when this offer popped up in my email. The SUB was for 60k for 1k spend and a $50 statement credit on first purchase. I thought about it long and hard since I do travel by Delta sometimes. Asked the DW as well and she thought it was a good deal too. Since I already have several Amex cards, I knew this would be an SP. Figured why not, can always PC down to Blue if anything. Instant approval for $14k. No HPs. EX at 735.

Congrats, you terrible gardener  

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like an offer to jump on. Congrats! x on the nice approval.

Message 4 of 14
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

After all of the times you've congratulated me for new cards and CLIs, it's time to congratulate you for getting a nice SL from Amex.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Amex Gold Delta! 60k+$50 for $1k spend is well worth hopping over the fence! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 6 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Xcellent Dude! PARTY ON!Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
CivalV
Established Contributor

An email offer? I have been receiving email offers for the same thing. In my thread the experienced on here stated it is just marketing. Did you have a preapproval for the card on Amex? Or you cold app because you are already an Amex cardholder? I wouldn’t take the hit as I don’t have the score for it and I am not an Amex holder so that HP could mess me up Smiley Sad

i really want want to get in with Amex but I am being patient. 

Congratulations on that beautiful SL & approval

Message 8 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

An email offer? I have been receiving email offers for the same thing. In my thread the experienced on here stated it is just marketing. Did you have a preapproval for the card on Amex? Or you cold app because you are already an Amex cardholder? I wouldn’t take the hit as I don’t have the score for it and I am not an Amex holder so that HP could mess me up Smiley Sad

i really want want to get in with Amex but I am being patient. 

Congratulations on that beautiful SL & approval

Thank you. I'm sure many of us have received the offer as I think I've gotten it 10+ times already. If you already have an Amex card, then subsequent cards after are usually SP's. If you don't have any Amex cards then you'll definitely get an HP. Based on the scores in your sig, I would definitely wait to app for any CC from Amex. Their charge cards are usually easier to get (I've seen people get approved for the charge cards at 600ish scores).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats from a fellow recent fence-hopper to grab another Delta card.  LOL  Even if you fly with a companion just once a year (or twice solo), the AF is covered by the free bags so it's certainly worth having.  And with the recent fare sales, your welcome offer spend and SUB may be just enough SkyMiles for a round-trip to Europe.  Smiley Wink

Now get back to the Garden Club before you inherit the recycling bin!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.