Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green/Verizon Visa and CLI Recent Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Green/Verizon Visa and CLI Recent Approvals

I successfully hit the garden for 8 months after an auto loan and a home mortgage and figured it was time over the past couple months to go for a bit of a cli/app spree. FICO 8 is 705/701/718 with experian/TU being the bureaus that pulled.  

my two new account approvals were for the AMEX green card and the Verizon visa and I couldn't be happier.

The green card was more appealing than my Amex gold prequal based on the AF to sub with the sub being much more obtainable as I have been put on a strict budget by my wife 🙁 and all of our grocery spend going through Amazon/Whole Foods. NPSL but playing around with the purchase approval estimator I have a system cut off of around $5k, which is pretty good IMO! 

the Verizon card actually offers some pretty sweet deals for existing customers. We have two phone lines and have been using auto pay through our bank to get the per line auto-pay discount with the only other way to get that discount being the Verizon card. With travel for work being opened back up and many nights in the air/in the hotel we wanted to add some new devices so it seemed like the perfect time. Approved for $1.5k! 

That wraps up my new approvals and now back to the garden! I don't really have any new cards that are peaking my interest as we only really shop at Whole Foods/Amazon and use the CSP/now Green card on travel! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Green/Verizon Visa and CLI Recent Approvals

Sorry typed this on the phone, thought I was on the credit card approvals page.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My current FICO scores are low 700s but I went on a bit of a CLI/App spree and this was the result! 

chase freedom flex - $1.5k to $5k then product changed to the CSP after putting around $2k/mo spend on the card (constantly max then PIF multiple times per month) despite being well over 5x24. Have a banking relationship with chase with direct deposit and a savings account as well. Asked about credit seeking said I was looking at other cards since I was always hitting limit 2-3 minutes then approved! 

care credit - don't really use it except once every 6 months to keep it open. Hit the increase for $1.8k to $5.5k! 

discover CLI $1500 to $2.25k don't use the card much outside of the quarterly categories for cash back. 

also approved for AMEX Green and Verizon card this month! Overall a solid two months but back to the garden for me! 

Message 3 of 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on both of your approvals 👍🏼

Message 4 of 8
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 8
GrainFan
New Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and CLIs!

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your succsses Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

You have lots of cool stuff happening here, nice approvals and CLIs.

Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.