cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Green card approved. Strange times indeed.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Green card approved. Strange times indeed.

Had to call in for verification and was approved over the phone. Not sure what my internal limit will be as of now but it does have a POT feature.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I'm happy to have been approved and back in with AMEX. On the other hand, I'm so disappointed in myself for even applying as I wanted to hold off until the fall and let my current accounts age.  I opened 6 new accoutns from Oct 2018 to November 2019. Cards in my siggy are the chronological order they were opened.   I think this whole pandemic issue with panic shopping, closing of businesses has me acting all kinds of wonky.  But in all seriousness, I gotta stop.

Ok Datapoints!!  

Amex was one of my first cards I ever had in my early to mid 20's. I was irresponsible and I ultimately burned them for $2600 back betwen 2005-2007 ish. I never paid them back.

Fast forward to March 2019 -  I put a call out to AMEX and Chase the same day saying that I wanted back in with both lenders. I was instantly approved for a Chase SW visa for $6900 in November and Amex send me a Green card mailer and showed me all kinds of Prequels on their site... Gold, Green, Cash Magnet, Delta etc etc (I know the prequels arent synced to their internal database). I had a strange feeling though that they've forgiven me and would welcome me back.

This is exactly what happened.  So I did it! Back in with Amex, Back in with Chase. 

So I hate myself for caving in and applying when I said I wouldn't but I am happy that my mission has been accomplished. I need to excercise common sense and stop all apps now until after the fall.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Green card approved. Strange times indeed.

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 2 of 24
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!!!

Message 3 of 24
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 4 of 24
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new cards and best wishes hanging out in the garden until later this year.

Message 5 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Had to call in for verification and was approved over the phone. Not sure what my internal limit will be as of now but it does have a POT feature.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I'm happy to have been approved and back in with AMEX. On the other hand, I'm so disappointed in myself for even applying as I wanted to hold off until the fall and let my current accounts age.  I opened 6 new accoutns from Oct 2018 to November 2019. ( Hold my beer!!!! LOL Every card you see in my siggy was opened after Oct 2018. Its an adrenaline rush waiting for that next approval. But don't beat yourself up so much. In the credit game nothing is permanent and time heals everything. )   Cards in my siggy are the chronological order they were opened.   I think this whole pandemic issue with panic shopping, closing of businesses has me acting all kinds of wonky.  But in all seriousness, I gotta stop. ( I've said that to myself several times, but I feel if there is a card I really want and the opputinuty presents itself.....my brain just goes YOLO!!! )

Ok Datapoints!!  

Amex was one of my first cards I ever had in my early to mid 20's. I was irresponsible and I ultimately burned them for $2600 back betwen 2005-2007 ish. I never paid them back.

Fast forward to March 2019 -  I put a call out to AMEX and Chase the same day saying that I wanted back in with both lenders. I was instantly approved for a Chase SW visa for $6900 in November and Amex send me a Green card mailer and showed me all kinds of Prequels on their site... Gold, Green, Cash Magnet, Delta etc etc (I know the prequels arent synced to their internal database). I had a strange feeling though that they've forgiven me and would welcome me back.

This is exactly what happened.  So I did it! Back in with Amex, Back in with Chase. 

So I hate myself for caving in and applying when I said I wouldn't but I am happy that my mission has been accomplished. I need to excercise common sense and stop all apps now until after the fall.

Congrats on your Green Card Approval!!!! 

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was setting up my online account just now, it appeared that my internal limit though not announced at this time is about $1000.

We shall see if this increases with time.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your "Internal Limit" changes depending on your spending. You may start at around 1k and lets say you average a balance of $500 a month over 6 months. You're limit will usually be 3X your average spending. So your $1,000 SL may be $1,500 after several months. It will increase as your spending increases over time.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. Thanks!

This is my first charge card so it'll def be a new experience.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.