I've held the AMEX Hiton Ascend card since late 2015, when it was called the Hilton Surpass card. It's a pretty good card and I stay at Hilton properties a lot. So when AMEX released the higher-end Aspire card recently, I was interested.
However, I was waiting for an upgrade offer of at least 100,000 Hilton HHonors points, which AMEX was targeting. But I never got that offer. Then last week I saw that AMEX boosted the SUB on the Aspire card to 150,000 points. Since I was pre-approved, I decided to apply for the card outright rather than continuing to wait for an upgrade offer.
Initially I got the "we'll notify you in writing within 7 days" message online. Then, AMEX called this morning to verify my application and once verified, told me I'd been approved! My SL on the Aspire card is $3,100 but they said once I receive and activate the card, I can close my Hilton Ascend card and move its SL over to the Aspire card.
I assume you'd all agree I should do that? After all, I don't really need two AMEX Hilton cards!
EX=712, EQ=713, TU=709
Congrats! And definitely consolidate those lines. That will be great!
Your patience paid off in getting the 150K SUB... You could option A: close your Ascend/move CL or option B: downgrade to the No AF Hilton card and wait for an upgrade offer down the road.
FYI.. If you are eligible for a CLI on the Ascend and you decide to go with option A, you should request for a CLI before closing and transfer the CL over to the Aspire.
Congratulations on your approval!