I've held the AMEX Hiton Ascend card since late 2015, when it was called the Hilton Surpass card. It's a pretty good card and I stay at Hilton properties a lot. So when AMEX released the higher-end Aspire card recently, I was interested.
However, I was waiting for an upgrade offer of at least 100,000 Hilton HHonors points, which AMEX was targeting. But I never got that offer. Then last week I saw that AMEX boosted the SUB on the Aspire card to 150,000 points. Since I was pre-approved, I decided to apply for the card outright rather than continuing to wait for an upgrade offer.
Initially I got the "we'll notify you in writing within 7 days" message online. Then, AMEX called this morning to verify my application and once verified, told me I'd been approved! My SL on the Aspire card is $3,100 but they said once I receive and activate the card, I can close my Hilton Ascend card and move its SL over to the Aspire card.
I assume you'd all agree I should do that? After all, I don't really need two AMEX Hilton cards!
EX=712, EQ=713, TU=709
Congrats! And definitely consolidate those lines. That will be great!
Congrats! And yes, agreed you should consolidate the credit lines.
Your patience paid off in getting the 150K SUB... You could option A: close your Ascend/move CL or option B: downgrade to the No AF Hilton card and wait for an upgrade offer down the road.
FYI.. If you are eligible for a CLI on the Ascend and you decide to go with option A, you should request for a CLI before closing and transfer the CL over to the Aspire.
Congratulations on your approval!