Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hilton Aspire Approval!

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

AMEX Hilton Aspire Approval!

I've held the AMEX Hiton Ascend card since late 2015, when it was called the Hilton Surpass card. It's a pretty good card and I stay at Hilton properties a lot. So when AMEX released the higher-end Aspire card recently, I was interested.

However, I was waiting for an upgrade offer of at least 100,000 Hilton HHonors points, which AMEX was targeting. But I never got that offer. Then last week I saw that AMEX boosted the SUB on the Aspire card to 150,000 points. Since I was pre-approved, I decided to apply for the card outright rather than continuing to wait for an upgrade offer.

Initially I got the "we'll notify you in writing within 7 days" message online. Then, AMEX called this morning to verify my application and once verified, told me I'd been approved! My SL on the Aspire card is $3,100 but they said once I receive and activate the card, I can close my Hilton Ascend card and move its SL over to the Aspire card.

I assume you'd all agree I should do that? After all, I don't really need two AMEX Hilton cards!

EX=712, EQ=713, TU=709

5 REPLIES 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Hilton Aspire Approval!

Congrats! And definitely consolidate those lines. That will be great! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  And yes, agreed you should consolidate the credit lines.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Your patience paid off in getting the 150K SUB... You could option A: close your Ascend/move CL or option B: downgrade to the No AF Hilton card and wait for an upgrade offer down the road.

FYI.. If you are eligible for a CLI on the Ascend and you decide to go with option A, you should request for a CLI before closing and transfer the CL over to the Aspire.

Message 4 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 6
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats I just got the Aspire as well and am going to close my Ascend once i transfer the available credit to the Aspire

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.