Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hilton Aspire

tag
charp150
Valued Member

AMEX Hilton Aspire

Was deciding between the SPG Luxury and the Hilton Aspire.  Use both chains regularly.  Went with the Aspire for the Diamond status.  Got instant approval for a $3100 SL.  

Existing AMEX member with PRG, Plat, Delta Plat, and a corporate.  I did not have a pre approval for the card (as I seem never to with AMEX but still get approved).  Unfortunately the app resulted in an HP.

Data Points

EX FICO 8: 749

5 new CC's this year (mostly AMEX).  2 new AMEX cards in last 30 days. 

No derogs.

Utilization 4%

AAoA 3y 5m

A shameful amount of inquiries. 

I am a bit nervous to see how my score is impacted by the 3 new AMEX accounts reporting as new concurrently.  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Hilton Aspire

Congrats!!!

Was this the only HP out of the 4 Amex apps?

Message 2 of 13
charp150
Valued Member

Thanks. All have been HPs. Not sure why this happens to some and not to others. I've also had an HP for a denial as an existing cardholder.
Message 3 of 13
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Interesting! I've also been approved in less than a month for three new AMEX cards: Platinum, SPG Luxury, and Hilton Aspire.

But mine were all approved via SP due to my existing AMEX accounts. I don't understand why yours have been HPs?

Also interesting that you received a $3,100 SL, as did I. That must be the minimum that AMEX grants these days?

Message 4 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 13
charp150
Valued Member

I've stopped trying to figure AMEX out. It seems to me that their $450 AF revolvers have higher UW standards. $3,100 might be minimum for those but certainly not for their lower AF cards.
Message 6 of 13
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats I just got this card as well and am going to close my Ascend. I think this is a keeper.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

tenor.gif

Message 8 of 13
redpat
Senior Contributor

Congrats and a great card.

If I didn’t have plat I would get one myself.  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@charp150 wrote:

Was deciding between the SPG Luxury and the Hilton Aspire.  Use both chains regularly.  Went with the Aspire for the Diamond status.  Got instant approval for a $3100 SL.  

Existing AMEX member with PRG, Plat, Delta Plat, and a corporate.  I did not have a pre approval for the card (as I seem never to with AMEX but still get approved).  Unfortunately the app resulted in an HP.

Data Points

EX FICO 8: 749

5 new CC's this year (mostly AMEX).  2 new AMEX cards in last 30 days. 

No derogs.

Utilization 4%

AAoA 3y 5m

A shameful amount of inquiries. 

I am a bit nervous to see how my score is impacted by the 3 new AMEX accounts reporting as new concurrently.  

Congrats! I have the card too and my Hilton status has now changed to Diamond after 2 days of being approved for the card Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.