Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hilton Honors approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Hilton Honors approved

A few years ago I made some late payments and other mistakes that really screwed up my credit (580 ish) When it was all said and done, I only had 1 credit card left which was a USAA card I got as a teenager. I paid it down to zero and slowly my score began to rise.

Last month I was sitting at 632 FICO 8 with EX and applied for the Capital One Quicksilver One card and was approved with a $3000 CL I was planning on waiting awhile to get the Hilton card which is what I wanted but this morning I decided to take a stab at it and applied.

Got worried when I wasn’t instantly approved and instead got a message saying to call AMEX to verify some information. I called as soon as they opened and they just needed to verify my identity, was instantly approved over the phone with a $1000 CL.

I’m pretty pumped and hopefully I can get a CLI after some on time payments.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Hilton Honors approved

COngrats on your approval and Welcome to Amex family !!!

Message 2 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP. 8 to 10 years ago I had hit rock bottom with public records, charge-offs and lates also. Now that you're back in the game get in the habit of making your payments on time + paying over the min. payment where possible and you will do just fine.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NFlorida4707 -

Super Congrats on your Amex Hilton Honors $1,000 SL! Smiley Very Happy

I'd like to echo the advice of previous posters. Just continue

to pay on time and keep your overall credit utilization very low.

Your FICO scores and CLs will rise before you know it. Speaking of

which, don't forget about your Amex 3x CLI after 61 days. By this

time in March 2019 your $1,000 CL can become $3,000. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and a wonderful come back story, we love those. Smiley Happy

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 6 of 7
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Echo all the rest hear, congrats on the continued success and a great new Hilton card to add into the mix!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.