Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Holy Trinity (Kind Of)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Holy Trinity (Kind Of)

I'm trying to rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy was reported on my credit report in error. (My father's bankruptcy, not mine.) Scores were in the 750's before sh*t hit the fan. They've been in the 530's over the past year. As of August 2016, scores are now up in the 660's.

Once I noted that the bankruptcy was removed and my scores started improving, I went on a little app spree. This month alone...

- Upgraded my AMEX PRG to the AMEX Platinum (LOVE the travel benefits) (was able to salvage this card after explaining the bankruptcy situation to AMEX)

- Got approved for the AMEX Everyday Preferred w/ $2300 SL

- Got approved for the CapOne QuickSilver One w/ $500 SL

- Got approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred w/ $5000 SL

Figured I'd calm down but I was reading that under my circumstances, AMEX, 99% of the time will do a SP if denied, so I figured I have nothing to lose if I got denied for another AMEX card.

So... I just got approved for the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred w/ $2300 SL !!!

I am ecstatic !!! American express has been nothing but kind to me since I got the PRG in 2015. Now happily back in the garden I go until Fall 2017. My goal is the Chase Sapphire Reserved.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

4 REPLIES 4
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Holy Trinity (Kind Of)

Nice work....Love Amex!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to rebuild my credit after a bankruptcy was reported on my credit report in error. (My father's bankruptcy, not mine.) Scores were in the 750's before sh*t hit the fan. They've been in the 530's over the past year. As of August 2016, scores are now up in the 660's.

Once I noted that the bankruptcy was removed and my scores started improving, I went on a little app spree. This month alone...

- Upgraded my AMEX PRG to the AMEX Platinum (LOVE the travel benefits) (was able to salvage this card after explaining the bankruptcy situation to AMEX)

Figured I'd calm down but I was reading that under my circumstances, AMEX, 99% of the time will do a SP if denied, so I figured I have nothing to lose if I got denied for another AMEX card.

I am ecstatic !!! American express has been nothing but kind to me since I got the PRG in 2015. Now happily back in the garden I go until Fall 2017. My goal is the Chase Sapphire Reserved.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

My condolences.  You just lost out on a potential 100k bonus!!!! 

Curious if you already had your PRG $100 for the year if you get the $200 on the platinum at least????  So many annual fees covering the same categories. I hope that you spend 12k a year on groceries!!!!

Did you at least get a 25-30k MR bonus on the EDP?  Hopefully $150-$250 on the BCP???

Chase should have been your priority first. If you can get approved for a CSP in the 660's and you were less than 5/24 reporting (which u still may be....) I'd be trucking my body into chase stat before all the new accounts report and see if you are eligible for the CSR.....

Every card you have has an annual fee.

I am lost.

Ideally you would have app'd for CSR, dealt with that. Then when Amex 100k plat ofer comes around pair that with a no AF ED card for place to park points.  Its kinda of hard to justify the BCP and EDP year after year unless you are a big spender.

Message 3 of 5
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

----------------

The PRG is a much better earner for MR points. I would have kept that even if I got the Platimum. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP and they pulled in the 660s? wow, congrats.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.