Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PLAT APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PLAT APPROVED

Got my first card on oct 29 (chase slate 1.5k) and nov 4 (discover card secured 2.5k)

applied for the gold card twice and got declined (didn't know anything about credit) i have 9 inquiries 2 of which are ATT. Still no fico.

i am being financed by my parents 5-8k a month sent to my account.

went to chase and a banker told me that i have a high chance to get approved form CSP because of the transactions in my account.

went and tried to get amex plat -- Approved! they just checked my bank account i had to link it for the past 3 months of banking statements.

went on to apply for blue cash everyday - in progress (they can't process the application at this time) I don't know why tho. If anybody knows why let me know.

so all in all with 1 month and 2 weeks of cred history with 100k in the bank and continious deposits i got approved. Hope everyone has the same luck.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX PLAT APPROVED

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 22
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good card to have if you can take advantage of all the benes if offers, grats Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!  what Sign up bonus did you get on The Platinum?  ..(Data points for others)

I'm guessing the no go on the Blue Cash Everyday was due to short history.

Easier to get Charge cards than Revolvers.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 70k Welcome offer, my application for the blue cash is still in progress will wait for it. If it doesn’t push through i’ll get the instead. Thanks everyone!
Message 6 of 22
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

boom, there you go. now you have all the lounge access and travel benefits you wanted. i would take some time to figure out which cards you really want instead of applying for a bunch of random cards. given your situation, i'm not sure why you decided to app for the blue cash. it has a foreign transaction fee and doesnt offer you any benefits which your Platinum and Gold (if you do decide to get it) doesnt already provide.

as mentioned by another member, charge cards are easier to get. if you keep applying for revolvers, you'll get cards with low SL/high APR. i would just use the Slate and Discovery card you have now for at least 6 months and then see which cards you prequalify for at that point. why didnt you go through with the CSP app if they said you "had a high chance"? that card will supplement your Platinum nicely.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi chief! Appreciate all your help. I did get the csp just today and approved.
I decided to get the blue cash as a revolver since i was approved for the amex plat and read somewhere that it’ll just be 1 inquiry for both.
Message 8 of 22
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 22
jpro
Established Member

Congrats op! 🎉
Current Cards
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.