Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PLATINUM APPROVED (LOW FICO) PREAPPROVED FOR ALL CARDS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PLATINUM APPROVED (LOW FICO) PREAPPROVED FOR ALL CARDS

Ok guys,

So I posted back in December about Amex approving my Gold charge card with a low fico. Well fast forward to today, I log online and saw that I was PREAPPROVED for the rest of their cards! Prior to getting the Gold charge card, I had the Delta Platinum for 2 years. My fico is still hovering around the 640-50's range due to credit card balances but my mother is expecting a large sum of money soon and I will pay off all my credit card balances and will return back to the upper 700's. (Smile)

I called the credit services team to see what my internal spending limit is on the platinum and they informed me I'm allowed to spend 5,000 today. When I called back in December for my Gold card, $9500 was able to be pushed through instantly. So confused about that but nonetheless, I guess AMEX loves me even with my low fico!

Oh, and I have no negatives, late payments, charges off, etc.  I have a clean file - just credit card debt is holding my score down. BUT It still didn't matter to AMEX since I was PREAPPROVED for the rest of their cards. 

Just wanted to share my story for people who have LOW FICOS also! Don't think you need to have a particular high credit score. It seem if you build a good relationship with AMEX, even with low ficos they will be GOOD to you! I'm forever indebted to AMEX! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX PLATINUM APPROVED (LOW FICO) PREAPPROVED FOR ALL CARDS

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Approval and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on that and also the effort to show a positive Amex relationship with them despite low scores. (ThumbsUp)

Better things ahead!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marz2002 wrote:

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Approval and Thanks for the DPs!!!

Thank you so much! 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Congrats! on that and also the effort to show a positive Amex relationship with them despite low scores. (ThumbsUp)

Better things ahead!

Thank you very much! You are right about that! 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Platinum approval! Yeah, I have pre-approval for all Amex cards as well with 11 month relationship and EX FICO score of 644. Amex is all about relationship. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Amex Platinum approval! Yeah, I have pre-approval for all Amex cards as well with 11 month relationship and EX FICO score of 644. Amex is all about relationship. Smiley Very Happy

Wow that's great to hear! This why I have made Amex my daily cards and will continue to do so going forward Smiley Happy))

Message 7 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nice “limit”!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.