Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PLATINUM FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PLATINUM FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

Hey everyone! I just got approved for the Amex Platinum card, aka my dream card!!! I got my first Amex (Delta Gold Skymiles) in April. That was my first creidt card on my own. 6 months later here I am! I applied for the Platinum card 3 months ago thinking my Amex histroy would get me an approval. It didnt. I was denied and it said my main reason was basically not long enough history with Amex. Now that its 6 months I decided to check the pre approvals on the site. All the cards were always pre approved but the charge cards said "expaninding your membership with us is easy." I decided to check about an hour ago and the Platinum Card said pre approved so I applied and I got approve! Thank you everyone for your help along the way! I really appreciate it! Next up, Chase!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX PLATINUM FINALLY APPROVED!!!!!!

Congrats on the Platinum, enjoy the perks!

Message 2 of 8
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Even with credit sometimes patience is a virtue, as well as growing credit is a marathon, not a sprint. Glad you got what you wanted but you still will want to grow your credit which charge cards vs credit cards are much different.. Congratulations and try to listen a bit when folks are like slow down. Might have spared you some rejections and needless hard pulls
Message 3 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval and journey, keep it up!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Platinum approval! Enjoy the perks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to goSmiley Happy you had me up til you said Chase😏
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.