Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG 50k! kdm is going to slap me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRG 50k! kdm is going to slap me!

I tried for a while between several different PCs and browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE11 on two computers incognito and normal) but only was getting the normal offer, so I tried that encrypted browser. For some reason it first loaded in German, but I relaunched and tried again.

BOOM 50k. Decided to go ahead and grab it so I have something to be earning a bonus on during my foreign trip in a few weeks, since I have/will have met all the sign-up spend already and this thing will go nicely with the 100k MR from Platinum.

Instant approval in the browser after about 10 seconds, but oddly 5 seconds in I got an email saying thank you, we need more time. At 10 seconds the "you are approved!" email followed it.

Decided to use this HP for a twofer, so I applied for the Everday 25k mailer offer they've been sending me but that one is still pending review (applied about 2-3 minutes later after PRG approval). My guess is because it's with fraud due to back to back apps, or maybe because PRG came in on a different IP address.

Should I just call their Indian customer service tonight for the ED app?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PRG 50k! kdm is going to slap me!

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried for a while between several different PCs and browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE11 on two computers incognito and normal) but only was getting the normal offer, so I tried that encrypted browser. For some reason it first loaded in German, but I relaunched and tried again.

BOOM 50k. Decided to go ahead and grab it so I have something to be earning a bonus on during my foreign trip in a few weeks, since I have/will have met all the sign-up spend already and this thing will go nicely with the 100k MR from Platinum.

Instant approval in the browser after about 10 seconds, but oddly 5 seconds in I got an email saying thank you, we need more time. At 10 seconds the "you are approved!" email followed it.

Decided to use this HP for a twofer, so I applied for the Everday 25k mailer offer they've been sending me but that one is still pending review (applied about 2-3 minutes later after PRG approval). My guess is because it's with fraud due to back to back apps, or maybe because PRG came in on a different IP address.

Should I just call their Indian customer service tonight for the ED app?

Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success, a bit of time you put in!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 3 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! I don't see that offer anymore.. I really want the Platinum 100k offer
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats..  Guessing the ED is approved just delayed to possible fraud concerns.  Call in today or you can wait it out.. Your choice.  Enjoy the MR's

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval for the PRG. 

My understanding with the second app is that you can no longer app for two cards in the same day - they make you wait it out for five days.  So you should have a decision on the card in the next five days.  This happened to me in May and when I called they told me that they weren't doing that anymore...FWIW, I've seen it noted that others have encountered the same.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval for the PRG. 

My understanding with the second app is that you can no longer app for two cards in the same day - they make you wait it out for five days.  So you should have a decision on the card in the next five days.  This happened to me in May and when I called they told me that they weren't doing that anymore...FWIW, I've seen it noted that others have encountered the same.

ooh I didn't see that... was thinking you could still app for 1 charge and 1 credit together. Oh well... the only reason they might not approve it is so many new accounts but they seem to like me so I'm going to think positive.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.