Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Approval Odds

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG Approval Odds

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe give them a call and recon for the BCE?

If I remember correctly there are no recons for Amex.

You can recon with Amex.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys, I did it, I applied for the PRG... And.... INSTANT APPROVAL! Woohoo! Smiley Very Happy

I also tried for the BCE, however that was instant denial, and listed reasons were lack of credit history and two few accounts open.

Just to let people know, it appears they just pulled my Experian report.

Thank you everyone for your advise, and thank you redpat and Komp for finally just snapping me out of it and trying. I'd been dwelling on getting this card for literally months!

Congrats!

I had a feeling you would be approved for the PRG. Regarding the BCE denial, you should recon.

How would i go about doing that? I've heard AMEX is still pretty picky about reconing. Would I just call CS, or is there an EO number I should use? The reasons they listed are pretty valid, so I don't know if I have much of a case. Honestly, since it didn't do a seperate HP, I'm not that bummed. Although, it would be nice for my credit in the long run to have another revolver.

Message 32 of 36
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys, I did it, I applied for the PRG... And.... INSTANT APPROVAL! Woohoo! Smiley Very Happy

I also tried for the BCE, however that was instant denial, and listed reasons were lack of credit history and two few accounts open.

Just to let people know, it appears they just pulled my Experian report.

Thank you everyone for your advise, and thank you redpat and Komp for finally just snapping me out of it and trying. I'd been dwelling on getting this card for literally months!

Congrats!

I had a feeling you would be approved for the PRG. Regarding the BCE denial, you should recon.

How would i go about doing that? I've heard AMEX is still pretty picky about reconing. Would I just call CS, or is there an EO number I should use? The reasons they listed are pretty valid, so I don't know if I have much of a case. Honestly, since it didn't do a seperate HP, I'm not that bummed. Although, it would be nice for my credit in the long run to have another revolver.

Call (800)535-7790 or write them

American Express

PO BOx 30374

Salt Lake City, UT  84130

Either way be prepared to respond to the denial reasons.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 33 of 36
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Congrats! Charge cards are traditionally easy to get compared to revolving cards. Glad it worked out.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats op! I was instantly approved for this card on 12/24/2016 so it was a very Merry Christmas to me! Smiley Very Happy
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! It is a great feeling to be in with Amex; I remember my first approval. 😀
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.