Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRG Approval!

This actually happened over a week ago, the 50K MR points for $2000 spend sounds like a good deal, so I caved and got approved instantly. It's my second AMEX card (first was BCP). Experian score is currently 758, no missed payments, 1 year and 10 months average age of accounts, only one inq in Exp 5 months ago. I apparently have other pre-approvals for stuff like the SPG as well.....but I think I'll stay put for now and garden with what i have. I'm gonna lock myself in the garden for real this time, Lol. The card arrived pretty fast, I applied on a Friday, then got the card several days later on Monday (in So. Cal)

The potential changes to the PRG I've been reading about (4X on Restaurants and Supermarkets) sounds like a game changer, I'm excited for them (but watchful for the potential annual fee hike.) 9 more days to see what's up!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PRG Approval!

Congrats on your PRG approval! We shall see what the official revamped detail is soon! Hopefully, it matched the leaked detail with no annual fee increase! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 4 of 13
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!...... Here a link to the new metal card design to add to your signature Smiley Happy
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HFAcNeP.jpg
Message 5 of 13
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, as you heard, word on the street is it's about to get better!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDFinance@ MrDFinance wrote:
Congrats on the approval!...... Here a link to the new metal card design to add to your signature Smiley Happy
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HFAcNeP.jpg

Neat! The edges are bothering me tho for not being transparent, but it's alright. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 13
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Nicely done and great data points. 

I'm a Green Card Holder 6 months away from my PRG upgrade and cannot wait. The new point structure sounds amazing. 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 9 of 13
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.