Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum 100k offer got me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum 100k offer got me!

I need to stop checking prequalify links my friends. For some reason I wanted to see if my AMEX prequal cards had changed now that I am a customer.  In April I was getting PRG, EDP, and ED, then in May it changed to EDP, ED, and BCE.

Popped my info in while not logged in (not even in an incognito tab), and jaw dropped when I saw 100k MR for 3k spend Platinum offer! (Also had Delta platinum and PRG)

Something took hold of me and I had to put in for it just because I missed out on that crazy spree recently, and sure enough the approval came back almost instantly! Probably won't be able to justify the AF beyond the first year, but it's absolutely worth 100k MR to me.

Really really really need to stick 100% to the garden to eventually get back in Chase-approval territory!

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum 100k offer got me!

I'm afraid Chase is going to be a long way off for most of us. Especially as more n more new offers show up elsewhere.

Congratulations on the 100K offer approval!

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the 100k I am working on my spend now!
Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I'm afraid Chase is going to be a long way off for most of us. Especially as more n more new offers show up elsewhere.

thanks! and yes you're right... I still want a normal Freedom, and the Ink Plus but won't be under 5/24 until May 2018 now. Such a long wait...

Message 4 of 39
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to stop checking prequalify links my friends. For some reason I wanted to see if my AMEX prequal cards had changed now that I am a customer.  In April I was getting PRG, EDP, and ED, then in May it changed to EDP, ED, and BCE.

Popped my info in while not logged in (not even in an incognito tab), and jaw dropped when I saw 100k MR for 3k spend Platinum offer! (Also had Delta platinum and PRG)

Something took hold of me and I had to put in for it just because I missed out on that crazy spree recently, and sure enough the approval came back almost instantly! Probably won't be able to justify the AF beyond the first year, but it's absolutely worth 100k MR to me.

Really really really need to stick 100% to the garden to eventually get back in Chase-approval territory!

Wow .. Congratulations on the 100k MR-PRG is my wish list card...#oneday........... I just followed my "mailer" link for Delta's 50k bonus offer and got in #shocked!

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 5 of 39
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Lol. Truer words have never been spoken!  

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Recently finished my spend for the 100k bonus. Still waiting for points to post. 

Message 7 of 39
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  Recently finished my spend for the 100k bonus. Still waiting for points to post. 

I bet they'll post soon. Mine literally posted the day after I hit the spend. First statement hasn't even cut yet.

P.S. Congrats OP! This card rocks!!!

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, good to know! I'm just about good on the SPG spending, so it should be fine to crank 3k through the platinum
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.