tag
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum 100k offer got me!

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Berk wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  Recently finished my spend for the 100k bonus. Still waiting for points to post. 

I bet they'll post soon. Mine literally posted the day after I hit the spend. First statement hasn't even cut yet.

P.S. Congrats OP! This card rocks!!!

Which means what exactly?

$200 airline credit

Global Entry/TSA Pre Check Application reimbursement

Free Boingo Wi-Fi 

Centurion Lounge Access

Delta Sky Club Access

Presale tickets and VIP access to concerts and events

AMEX offers that can save hundreds of dollars per year

To which I would add:

Priority Pass membership

Hilton and SPG gold status

Hertz, Avis, and National upgrades.

It truly is a great travel perks card. However, it is not a card that will earn you extra points very often. If you travel a fair amount you can very easily offset the AF.

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a trick to getting pre-qual results as a current member? I always go straight to a log in page. I've tried changing browsers, incognito/private browsing, and altering my address. It asks me to login each time. Maybe thats their way of saying no? Anyhow, congrats on the plat!

Message 22 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a trick to getting pre-qual results as a current member? I always go straight to a log in page. I've tried changing browsers, incognito/private browsing, and altering my address. It asks me to login each time. Maybe thats their way of saying no? Anyhow, congrats on the plat!

+1

This has been my consistent experience as well.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

This has been my consistent experience as well.  Smiley Frustrated

I'm really not sure... when I checked (and this one came up) I had my SPG already for a week. The only time it asked me to log in was after being approved, at the point where a new member can set up their account it said if I was an existing member I could sign in to link the card to my account now.

Also they sent me a mailer for the Everday card, 25k MR for 2k spend in 3 months. Might wait until just before it expires towards the end of August. Now that I understand better how to use MR, they seem pretty decent for vacations.

Message 24 of 39
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Haven't heard of any tricks, but it would not shock me at all to find out there was some strange loophole.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

How frequent are these 100k offers for the platinum?

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can find them by checking for offers in incognito/private browser tabs, or using a VPN to connect via IP addresses in different areas. I got mine just with Chrome incognito.

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can find them by checking for offers in incognito/private browser tabs, or using a VPN to connect via IP addresses in different areas. I got mine just with Chrome incognito.

So I just basically went in incognito mode, did a google search for 'Amex prequalification', and this led me to the Amex site where I saw 'Prequalify' on the top right of the toolbar. I but in my name, last four of my ssn, and then it brough me too a sign in page, which led me to the American Express site. Once logged in, only saw a listing of all of the available Amex cards. Does this sound familar? Or are there any other amex prequal sites?

Message 28 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I just basically went in incognito mode, did a google search for 'Amex prequalification', and this led me to the Amex site where I saw 'Prequalify' on the top right of the toolbar. I but in my name, last four of my ssn, and then it brough me too a sign in page, which led me to the American Express site. Once logged in, only saw a listing of all of the available Amex cards. Does this sound familar? Or are there any other amex prequal sites?

It didn't make me log in for the Platinum, I just filled out my info and searched for pre-qualified offers.

For PRG, I just clicked on the Personal Cards link on the main americanexpress.com page.

That prequalify checker on their website is the only one they have.

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This always happens to me every single time.  Incognito windows do no good once you give them your info and they recognize it.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.