Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum 6.5 Years Post CH7 & IIB

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum 6.5 Years Post CH7 & IIB

Hi,

Heavy business traveler here. Used to hold AMEX Gold and lost a family business along with everything I owned in 2007. Tried to pay all of my creditors for as long as possible, but was forced in to BK in 2012. AMEX was IIB, though I had attempted to pay them as much as I could.

Have heard of their black list and was certain I would be on it. Having been turned down my Chase a year ago and still wanting a Sapphire Preferred or Reserve card, thought I'd test the waters with AMEX. Everyone had said that if you get denied due to the black list, there was no hard inquiry. 

So tonight I applied and immediately got "We're reviewing your application. Please don't apply for another American Express Platinum" About 30 minutes later, I get a notification from Experian and an approval email from AMEX! 

Now I'm waiting to see if the card says, "Member since 1994 or 2019." With the benefits this card has, plus the 100,000 point bonus, not sure I really need the Chase Sapphire anymore. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum 6.5 Years Post CH7 & IIB

Bam!Bam!

Awesome! Congratulations!

What a wonderful country we live in. Fellow citizens putting their faith and credit in other citizens. So what if they make a little money, they help us obtain what we want, when we want it.

God Bless America!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats. The first card may show 2019, but the rest will show '94. Mine showed up with '99 on it. As for Chase, they have a rule now to blacklist for 10 years if BK is present, included or not.

Edit: I mean every new card and your next platinum(replacement) will show '94

Message 3 of 20
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with Amex, and thanks for posting, gives us people who burned amex in bk HOPE!!!Smiley Wink

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 4 of 20
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Great addition to your new collection, congrats on the approval and enjoy the perks!

Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on making the BL short versionSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Nice way to bounce back from Chase rejection Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase isn't everything. Tired of them looking down their nose at anyone who's had a BK. Sometimes things happen. My family business collapsed and I was collateral damage. Tried my best to make things right and still ran out of options. Chase wasn't even IIB.

I love how a company can emerge from a "successful bankruptcy," yet an individual emerges from it to at least 5 years of being a pariah, 10 with Chase.

Knowing Chase, now that I have AMEX again, I'll probably start getting pre-approvals.
Message 8 of 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval and Welcome Back to the AmEx family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 20
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Heavy business traveler here. Used to hold AMEX Gold and lost a family business along with everything I owned in 2007. Tried to pay all of my creditors for as long as possible, but was forced in to BK in 2012. AMEX was IIB, though I had attempted to pay them as much as I could.

Have heard of their black list and was certain I would be on it. Having been turned down my Chase a year ago and still wanting a Sapphire Preferred or Reserve card, thought I'd test the waters with AMEX. Everyone had said that if you get denied due to the black list, there was no hard inquiry. 

So tonight I applied and immediately got "We're reviewing your application. Please don't apply for another American Express Platinum" About 30 minutes later, I get a notification from Experian and an approval email from AMEX! 

Now I'm waiting to see if the card says, "Member since 1994 or 2019." With the benefits this card has, plus the 100,000 point bonus, not sure I really need the Chase Sapphire anymore. 

If you don’t mind me asking, 

Was the debt more than $5K?

Was the IIB a CH7 or 13?

Lastly, how much in (%) of the original debt were you able to pay down?

Oh and Congrats for getting back in with Amex!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.