Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum Approval! UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum Approval! UPDATE

Hello Everyone, UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS POST. SORRY NOT SURE IF I'M SUPPOSED TO EDIT PREVIOUS POST OR ADD NEW SO I DID BOTH. 

I'm new to the forum and I'm excited to share a few approvals. I've been "lurking" so to speak for months loading up on information posted on various topics in this forum. I finally decided to create an account to contribute and ask questions. Well the info provided pushed me to try for credit cards that I really wanted in my wallet. I travel quite a bit and love earning rewards. I filed Chap 7 back in 2009, and although I've re-established credit (majority store cards) I was lacking the MAJORS. So I stepped out on faith and here are a list of my approvals. Cards were all applied for within a 3 week period. TU 732, EQX 701, EXP 696. I now know its time to begin gardening to allow all the inquires to fall off. My total available credit on cards is $90,980 and utilization at 10%. I appreciate all the info and look forward to learning so much more!

1. Chase Sapphaire Preferred- Initially denied due to bankruptcy, but approved for $5k after contact w/ reconsideration line.

2. Citi Diamond Preferred- instant approval $4,900

3. Discover It- received mail offers for 3 months and finally applied for instant approval $6,500

4. Capital One Venture One- $20k not instatntly approved, but after a few days approval came through

5. Amex Everyday- $2,000 pending then approved a few days later

6. Amex Blue Cash- $5,000 pending then approved a few days later 

7. Amex Gold Business Rewards- approved after address verification  NPSL

8. USAA Preferred Cash Rewards- $6,500 online available offers instantly approved

9. Barclay Arrival Elite World Mastercard- $5,000 initially denied and denied again after calling reconsideration line due to amount of inquires. Called back and spoke to a different rep and after verifiying income and giving specific reasons as to why I applied for other cards and how I will use them i was approved.

new20170428_145318.jpg

10. AMEX PLATINUM- NPSL INSTANT APPROVAL

UPDATE: PULLED THE TRIGGER ONE LAST TIME BEFORE SERIOUSLY GOING INTO THE GARDEN. THIS CARD WILL ACCOMODATE ALL OF MY TRAVELING NEEDS AND THE 60K REWARD POINTS ARE ALSO A PERK. NO MORE APPS FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS. I NOW FEEL THAT I HAVE THE PROPER LINE UP OF CARDS. SO GLAD FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK AND EXPERIENCES FROM OTHERS. IT REALLY ENCOURAGED ME TO MOVE FORWARD AND I'M SO GLAD I DID.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum Approval! UPDATE

Congratulations on your AMEX Platinum approval!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing card congrats!
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kidink1911 wrote:

Congratulations on your AMEX Platinum approval!

Thank You!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Amazing card congrats!

Thank you!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job!!! 

I love seeing successful BK post! 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Nice job!!! 

I love seeing successful BK post! 

Thanks so much! 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi cswatson welcome & super congratulations on you're awesome credit rebuilding journey it has paid off very well for you with all your very nice approvals. This is the result of your stepping out in faith.. just simply amazing! 😊
Message 8 of 17
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your successful rebuild!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 17
drboxing
Established Contributor

A big congrats, I had this card a few years ago but lost it due to severe financial difficulties that I experienced. When I traveled the AMEX Platinum  was the card I used and didn't regret it.  Congrats and enjoy the benefits

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.