Hello Everyone, UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS POST. SORRY NOT SURE IF I'M SUPPOSED TO EDIT PREVIOUS POST OR ADD NEW SO I DID BOTH.
I'm new to the forum and I'm excited to share a few approvals. I've been "lurking" so to speak for months loading up on information posted on various topics in this forum. I finally decided to create an account to contribute and ask questions. Well the info provided pushed me to try for credit cards that I really wanted in my wallet. I travel quite a bit and love earning rewards. I filed Chap 7 back in 2009, and although I've re-established credit (majority store cards) I was lacking the MAJORS. So I stepped out on faith and here are a list of my approvals. Cards were all applied for within a 3 week period. TU 732, EQX 701, EXP 696. I now know its time to begin gardening to allow all the inquires to fall off. My total available credit on cards is $90,980 and utilization at 10%. I appreciate all the info and look forward to learning so much more!
1. Chase Sapphaire Preferred- Initially denied due to bankruptcy, but approved for $5k after contact w/ reconsideration line.
2. Citi Diamond Preferred- instant approval $4,900
3. Discover It- received mail offers for 3 months and finally applied for instant approval $6,500
4. Capital One Venture One- $20k not instatntly approved, but after a few days approval came through
5. Amex Everyday- $2,000 pending then approved a few days later
6. Amex Blue Cash- $5,000 pending then approved a few days later
7. Amex Gold Business Rewards- approved after address verification NPSL
8. USAA Preferred Cash Rewards- $6,500 online available offers instantly approved
9. Barclay Arrival Elite World Mastercard- $5,000 initially denied and denied again after calling reconsideration line due to amount of inquires. Called back and spoke to a different rep and after verifiying income and giving specific reasons as to why I applied for other cards and how I will use them i was approved.
10. AMEX PLATINUM- NPSL INSTANT APPROVAL
UPDATE: PULLED THE TRIGGER ONE LAST TIME BEFORE SERIOUSLY GOING INTO THE GARDEN. THIS CARD WILL ACCOMODATE ALL OF MY TRAVELING NEEDS AND THE 60K REWARD POINTS ARE ALSO A PERK. NO MORE APPS FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS. I NOW FEEL THAT I HAVE THE PROPER LINE UP OF CARDS. SO GLAD FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK AND EXPERIENCES FROM OTHERS. IT REALLY ENCOURAGED ME TO MOVE FORWARD AND I'M SO GLAD I DID.
Congratulations on your AMEX Platinum approval!
A big congrats, I had this card a few years ago but lost it due to severe financial difficulties that I experienced. When I traveled the AMEX Platinum was the card I used and didn't regret it. Congrats and enjoy the benefits